The St. Maarten Laboratory Services NV (SLS) is an ambitious and rapidly developing organization in St. Maarten. SLS provides 24 hours diagnostic services to the patients of the local general hospital, ambulatory patients, and the public health department. Our mission is to provide excellent diagnostic quality and service to our clients. SLS is accredited according to ISO 15189 & IEC 17025 standards.
The purpose of this position is to complete the enthusiastic and dedicated team of the Clinical Chemistry & Hematology Department. The tasks include all common Clinical Chemistry & Hematology techniques on closed-format platforms. The workflow is embedded in an up-to-date laboratory information system. A fully licensed Clinical Chemist manages all workflow in the department.
- Pre-analysis: Collecting patient material
- Pre-analysis: Sample and reagents preparation
- Daily maintenance, analysis, and results
- Quality Assurance (QA)
- Performing analytical tasks of a special nature (complex determinations)
Requirements and skills needed
- Knowledge and experience at a level of MLO (Middelbaar Laboratorium Onderwijs) complemented with several years of in-depth experience, or knowledge at the level of HLO (Hoger Laboratorium Onderwijs).
- Knowledge of various analysis techniques and hygiene and safety requirements is required as well as knowledge of work processes, quality systems, and advanced equipment.
- Preferably minimum of Four (4) years of experience in a medical laboratory environment
- Knowledge of and experience with laboratory quality systems ISO 15189
- Knowledge and experience with laboratory (automated) information systems
- Good command of the English language
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in this position, you are encouraged to apply.