We are a group of hard-working and energetic individuals. If you are looking to build a fulfilling career and are confident you have the skills and experience to help us succeed, we want to work with you! Sutherland is seeking a reliable and attentive person to join us as a Assoc. Manager – Health & Safety We are a group of hard-working and energetic individuals. If you are looking to build a fulfilling career and are confident you have the skills and experience to help us succeed, we want to work with you!
- Manage the HSE Function globally in an advisory, facilitation and governance function. Provide technical direction to the Geo leadership team, Site HSE Committees and Site Security and HSE officers.
- Continually review and maintain the robust HSE processes at the Corporate level in line with international standards such as ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 for uniform implementation across the Geos.
- Coordinate with external certification agency for required audits and renewal of certifications globally
- Determine, develop, and implement appropriate processes for fulfilling the organization’s HSE objectives and targets at the Corporate and Site level.
- Develop and incorporate the HSE requirement for new projects / expansions which shall include the Geo requirement along with the organization’s
- Develop HSE and emergency management policies, processes, and operating protocols to be adopted by the operational functions.
- Conducts HSE risk and impact assessments while designing and developing ergonomics, safety, environmental sustainability, etc. related improvement projects and initiatives
- Develop an audit programs, conduct internal audits, workplace inspections and incident investigations to implement prevention strategies and to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies, company environmental health & safety policies, procedures, and practices.
- Identify the Health, Safety and Environment legal requirement, track changes in regulations and develop processes to fulfill compliance obligations.
- Facilitate and train the operational functions for effective deployment. Review and audit the implementation of HSE processes and keep the leadership updated during the regular management review meetings
- Coordinate with process owners to collect, collate and analyze the data’s pertaining to HSE and summarizing it for Top Management.
- Respond to the external assessments such as United Nations Global Compact, Carbon Disclosure Project, Eco Vadis Sustainability Assessment, client RFP’s and participate in customer assessments.
- Work with security managers to streamline the security and emergency procedures / controls at a site level.
- Develop training materials on HSE topics while driving awareness activities through various channels such as e-learning, town hall sessions and online sessions
- Represent the organization on Health Safety & Environmental Sustainability matters at various relevant forums and during client audits
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Engineering / Environmental Sciences / Industrial Hygiene and Safety
- Lead auditor in ISO 45001 & 14001 and Social Responsibility (e. g. SA8000, GRI)
- Certifications like NEBOSH, CSP, CIH, OSHA, etc. will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 6-8 years of work experience in environment, health and safety is required for this position. Experience in IT / ITES organizations and Corporate is an advantage.
- Well experienced in environmental compliance, employee occupational safety and health is required along with a solid understanding of geographical EH&S laws and regulations.
- Strong communication skills in English, written and verbal
- Leadership experience or / and project management experience is highly preferred
This role will be predominantly Physical Security and HSE compliance
As your prospective employer, we need to process your Personal Data as needed to evaluate your qualification for the position you are applying for with Sutherland. During the recruitment process, your Personal Data may be transferred outside of Jamaica and disclosed to third parties in the normal course of the recruitment and/or employment process or as needed to comply with applicable laws. This may include transferring information to our affiliated Companies for purposes connected to your employment with the company or to the management of Sutherland’s business.