With 3.4 billion people in over 190 countries using our products every day, Unilever is a business that makes a real impact on the world. Work on brands that are loved and improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us. We are driven by our purpose: to make sustainable living commonplace, and it is our belief that doing business the right way drives superior performance. At the heart of what we do is our people – we believe that when our people work with purpose, we will create a better business and a better world.
At Unilever, your career will be a unique journey, grounded in our inclusive, collaborative, and flexible working environment. We don’t believe in the ‘one size fits all’ approach and instead we will equip you with the tools you need to shape your own future.
People Experience Hubs support markets by delivering responsive and efficient operational excellence, leveraging automation and innovation. The overarching three objectives we are working towards is to:
- Deliver operational activities from a centralized location to create capacity and drive efficiencies.
- Drive operational improvement by rigorously automating and standardizing processes.
- Provide analytical horsepower to help in-market teams deliver data driven insights
Unilever is the place where you can bring your purpose to life with the work that you do – creating a better business and a better world. If you are passionate about Automation and keen to implement automation and solutions that align with Africa & global hub automation and PX technology strategies, then this role is just for you!
WHAT WILL YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES BE
- Own strategy for hub automation and alignment with global hub automation, and PX Technology Strategy
- Ensure standardized approaches to automation and coordinate best practice sharing across hubs.
- Identify automation opportunities aligned with global PX strategy and CI sprints.
- You will work with the operational hub teams and global lifecycle and product owners to identify and implement appropriate automations based on pain points on ground in data & insights from employees.
- You’ll support employees by challenging poor practices/the status quo, whilst building meaningful relationships allowing influence across internal and external customer groups.
- You’ll constantly innovate, utilizing standard global platform features and enablers to nurture and grow the operational hub service delivery value to the PX community and others.
- Support global and market project teams to develop, test, and implement automations where required.
- Identify and drive global process efficiencies through automation.
- Engage key functional and regional stakeholders.
- Provide input into KPI and performance measurement for operational hubs.
Experiences & Qualifications
- Degree in Computer Science/IT or Related Fields
- Proficient in Power BI, Power Apps and Power Automate, MS Excel
- Knowledge of Python, SQL, Microsoft Azure tool, MS Visio will be a plus.
- The ability to work in a diverse and globally distributed environment.
- Be able to show examples where you’ve had to adapt and learn quickly to meet challenges and be flexible to adjust to changing business outcomes.
- Preferably knowledge of Agile methodologies/practices e.g., Scrums and Sprints and able to demonstrate the active practice and implementation of these techniques.
- Ability to inspire confidence in delivery, a strong service focus, and the ability to make sound decisions.
- Good networking and influencing skills.
- Passionate at providing an excellent user experience.
- Significant self-motivation and focus to achieve the objectives of the role.
- Ability to work well with peers and demonstrate lateral influence.
- You are energized by delivering fantastic results. You are an example to others – both your results and your resilience. You are constantly on the lookout for better ways to do things, engaging and collaborating with others along the way.
- As an individual you are the one responsible for your own wellbeing and delivering high standards of work. You must also focus on the Consumer and what they need. You are humble and have your head up, looking around to interpret evidence and data smartly, spot issues and opportunities to make things better.
Critical SOL (Standards of Leadership) Behaviors
- PASSION FOR HIGH PERFORMANCE: Takes personal responsibility and accountability for execution and results. Has an owner’s mindset, using data and insight to make decisions.
- PERSONAL MASTERY: Sets high standards for themselves. Actively builds own wellbeing and resilience.
- CONSUMER LOVE: Whatever their role, always looks for better ways to serve consumers. Invests time inside and outside to understand the needs of consumers.
- PURPOSE & SERVICE: Has humility, understanding that leadership is service to others, inside and outside Unilever.
- AGILITY: Explores the world around them, continually learning and developing their skills.
Unilever embraces diversity and encourages applicates from all walks of life! This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.