Energy is a fundamental basic need of our society. Fossil fuels, including oil, are an essential source of energy and will remain so until renewable energies have the capacity to meet the growing demand for energy.
Nearly 5,000 SBMers globally are proud to design, build and operate floating facilities that produce more than 1% of the world’s oil. We do it in the safest, most affordable, and most sustainable way. And we continuously strive to reduce emissions, in line with our emissionZEROTM program.
As a leader in floating technologies for the oil and gas industry, we recognize the significant importance of climate change and the growing need for renewable energy. We invest in products and services that enable the transition towards renewable energy, with a focus on Floating Offshore Wind, Wave Energy, and Carbon Capture and Storage. In addition, we also develop Smart Digital Services to improve and support everything we do.
Oceans play a central role in producing the energy of today and of tomorrow. We work together with the world’s leading energy companies to make that happen. We act responsibly and ethically so that communities where we operate benefit from our presence and activities.
We are committed to sharing our experience to deliver safe, sustainable, and affordable energy from the oceans for generations to come.
We are Energy. Committed.
This posting has for objective to give ourselves the chance to work together, in the short, medium, or long term. SBM Offshore’s active leadership position on the market, combined with our People Development and Succession Planning activities, requires us to be ready to onboard and mobilize our future ICSS Specialists as soon as a new vacancy opens!
- You are considering a new challenge in a few weeks, months, or even years? If you match the requirements below, APPLY NOW!
1) Control Access to Radio, Communications, PLCs, and HMIs equipment and software
- Access to cabinets and systems for engineering and maintenance activities is controlled.
- Correct the level of access to the system for various personnel (e.g. Operation and other contractors) exists.
- Passwords are changed at suitable intervals and a list of issued keys and passwords is maintained.
- Is responsible for the implementation of all OT Cyber-security measures onboard the FPSO
2) Maintain the condition of Radio, Communications, PLCs, and HMIs equipment and software
- The spare parts inventory is monitored on a regular basis and stock levels are maintained.
- Spare parts are appropriately handled and stored.
- An inventory of the required software/configuration back-ups is maintained.
- Software/configuration backup sets are made on a periodic basis and stored appropriately and safely.
- Revision control is applied to software/configuration back-ups.
- A master set of drawings and manuals is kept, readily accessible, and used for maintenance.
- The drawing/documentation set is updated with checked and marked-up drawings following the completion of changes and projects. Copies are sent for updates of originals on regular basis.
- The drawing/documentation set is marked up following the identification of deviations between the actual situation and the documents.
3) Monitor physical Condition of Radio, Communications, PLCs, and HMIs equipment
- Regular checks are carried out to confirm that critical maintenance is executed.
- Condition of equipment rooms and cabinets and cleanliness inside were checked periodically and appropriate corrective action is taken.
- The true status of overrides and inhibits is reviewed on a regular basis and system logbooks are maintained
4) Recover System Integrity
- Interpret error messages and use appropriate diagnostic tools.
- Vendor personnel is guided to perform their activities in a safe and effective manner.
- Repair faults, and communicate with vendor/specialist for help desk-type solutions.
- Guide vendor personnel to perform their activities in a safe and effective manner
5) Monitor And Advise On System Changes
- Verify that any changes implemented conform to the design and are appropriately tested, software back-ups are made and drawings have been checked and marked up for as-built status.
- Consequences of changes to the system’s configuration or parameter settings are communicated to relevant parties.
- Records of changes (alarm/trip setting and critical parameters) are kept in logbooks.
6) Contribute to Health & Safety In The working Environment
- Positive action is taken to stop hazards and unsafe behaviors.
- Alarms are raised as appropriate and/or acted upon using applied policies and procedures or initiative.
- Colleagues and subcontractors are alerted ASAP of any hazards or potentially dangerous changing conditions.
- All potential and actual incidents are reported to the relevant supervisor.
7) Supervision (if applicable)
- Manage the workload of the ICSS Technician.
- Assess the competence of subordinate personnel using the company competence assurance system and ensure
- continuous and timely progress of subordinate personnel.
- Ensure probationary and annual appraisals are completed fairly and consistently in a timely manner.
- Manage welfare and disciplinary issues at the team level with appropriate reference to Superintendent, OIM, and HRBP.
- Proven experience and/or qualified to N/SVQ/HNC/HND or University degree in Electrical / Instrumentation or local equivalent.
- 3 yrs experience desired with offshore experience preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of hydrocarbon processing systems and utilities.
- Good experience in Permit to Work, Mechanical Isolation Standards, and Risk Assessment
- Medically fit with offshore International standards such as ENG1 or equivalent.
- Personal: Safety aware. Conscientious, flexible, versatile, and determined.Positive.
- Leadership: Good levels of written and spoken communication.
- Technical: High standard of technical and professional knowledge of DCS SCADA systems hardware and software.
- IT: Use standard Management System ‘Office’ package electronic mail system. High levels of skill in diagnostic software and equipment as required.
SBM Offshore N.V. is a listed holding company that is headquartered in Amsterdam. It holds direct and indirect interests in other companies that collectively with SBM Offshore N.V. form the SBM Offshore Group (“the Company”). For further information, please visit our website at www.sbmoffshore.com. The companies in which SBM Offshore N.V., directly and indirectly, owns investments are separate entities.
SBM Offshore is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. SBM Offshore does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.