Energy is a fundamental basic need of our society. Fossil fuels, including oil, are an essential source of energy and will remain so until renewable energies have the capacity to meet the growing demand for energy.
Nearly 5,000 SBMers globally are proud to design, build and operate floating facilities that produce more than 1% of the world’s oil. We do it in the safest, most affordable, and most sustainable way. And we continuously strive to reduce emissions, in line with our emissionZEROTM program.
As a leader in floating technologies for the oil and gas industry, we recognize the significant importance of climate change and the growing need for renewable energy. We invest in products and services that enable the transition towards renewable energy, with a focus on Floating Offshore Wind, Wave Energy, and Carbon Capture and Storage. In addition, we also develop Smart Digital Services to improve and support everything we do.
Oceans play a central role in producing the energy of today and of tomorrow. We work together with the world’s leading energy companies to make that happen. We act responsibly and ethically so that communities where we operate benefit from our presence and activities.
We are committed to sharing our experience to deliver safe, sustainable, and affordable energy from the oceans for generations to come.
We are Energy. Committed.
This posting has for objective to give ourselves the chance to work together, in the short, medium, or long term. SBM Offshore’s active leadership position on the market, combined with our People Development and Succession Planning activities, requires us to be ready to onboard and mobilize our future Instrument Supervisors as soon as a new vacancy opens!
- You are considering a new challenge in a few weeks, months, or even years? If you match the requirements below, APPLY NOW!
1) Maintain and adjust the condition of instrument assets.
- Comply with relevant authorization procedures, safe working practices, and specific instructions.
- Complete maintenance in an agreed timescale, using safe and appropriate methods and agreed procedures.
- Resources are planned for and used cost-effectively.
- Operating requirements are available for reference.
- Adjusted assets comply with specified operating requirements with minimum disruption and with the specified methods, tools, and materials.
- Monitor and record the achievement of requirements accurately.
2) Monitor And Assess The Performance And Condition Of Integrity Assets.
- Information is obtained from reliable sources using specified methods (inspection, documentary information, instrument readings).
- Use monitoring equipment or procedures correctly to assess the condition of instrumentation assets
- Conduct monitoring in line with specified timescales and schedules.
- Record and communicate monitored outcomes accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Compare current performance with previous assessments and take action where differences must be addressed.
3) Diagnose Faults in Electrical Assets.
- Respond promptly to problems in line with approved procedures.
- Select appropriate tests and diagnostic procedures and apply them methodically.
- Clarify the nature of problems with instrument assets.
- Determine the cause and extent of problems in the performance and condition of instrument systems or assets.
- Use the results of inspections to determine the appropriate actions to take.
- Record an accurate and full description in the appropriate document history
4) Monitor and Maintain Pollution Control Measures.
- Sample and check that controlled process discharges from the area of responsibility to the environment are within prescribed limits
- Identify and halt unplanned discharges where possible, and reported immediately according to policy, procedure, and regulation.
- Equipment, waste, or other materials for disposal are dealt with according to the correct procedure
- Resources such as PPE materials tools and spares are not wasted or used inefficiently
5) Manage and Supervise effectively
- Establish effective relationships with colleagues and subcontractors.
- Establish the scope of work clearly (briefings, toolbox talks, presentations.)
- Plan and control the use of resources effectively. (Personnel, time, materials, transport, IT).
- Objective and consistent in assessment and appraisal of subordinates and subcontractors.
- Make recommendations and improvements in working practices for greater safety, efficiency, and profitability.
6) Emergency Response
- Carry Out Emergency Response Role
- Demonstrate competence during Emergency Response Drills and training exercises.
- Proven experience and/or qualified to HNC/HND in instrumentation or recognized equivalent.
- 5 yrs experience desired, with offshore experience preferred.
- Supervisory experience of Permit to Work, Mechanical Isolation Standards and Risk Assessment.
- Experience and knowledge of hydrocarbon processing systems and utilities.
- Experience in Safety and Environmental Management Systems.
- COMP ex E’x’ Course.
- Medically fit with offshore International standards such as ENG1 or equivalent.
- Personal: Exemplary awareness of safety issues and leadership.Conscientious, flexible, versatile and determined.
Leadership: Good levels of written and spoken communication. Positive and assertive. Good planning skills.
Capable of motivating teams. Flexible in applying different approaches to work demands.
Technical: High standard of analytical, diagnostic, technical and professional knowledge, on pneumatic, electro-
pneumatic, electro-hydraulic, and hydraulic control system Instrumentation.
- IT: Use standard Management System ‘Office’ package electronic mail system and diagnostic software and equipment as required.
SBM Offshore N.V. is a listed holding company that is headquartered in Amsterdam. It holds direct and indirect interests in other companies that collectively with SBM Offshore N.V. form the SBM Offshore Group (“the Company”). For further information, please visit our website at www.sbmoffshore.com. The companies in which SBM Offshore N.V., directly and indirectly, owns investments are separate entities.
SBM Offshore is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. SBM Offshore does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.