Eaton’s IS AER ITD division is currently seeking a Buyer.
What you’ll do:
Drives cost out projects to result in savings to the bottom line. Assure materials are procured at the lowest total cost, per specification, in a timely manner. Evaluates procurement methods and applies most effective negotiating techniques based on the situation. Works with other department process owners to identify and prioritize opportunities to improve productivity, cost, quality and service.
Manage and coordinate procurement processes and activities for designated projects by ensuring procurement milestone deliverables are met within the project budget and lead time constraints.
• Manage and analyze data to identify opportunities for improvement.
• Draft procurement project plan and define timelines.
• Manage progress and ensure timely and reliable reporting.
• Proactively monitor total BOM cost against target and provide analysis for every Milestone report.
• Sourcing of all NPI/NPD components
• This position is also responsible to support Sourcing/Procurement activities on NPI
Support Eaton’s Sourcing initiatives driving results measured by lower material costs, responsive supplier performance, process and service improvements, and resultant productivity throughout the supply chain.
Lead the supplier market analysis and ensure supplier qualification for RFQ’s FOR NPI
Lead negotiations for site-specific projects.
Evaluate cost reduction projects which are developed by colleagues.
Assist other department process owners (Engineering, Production, Operations, and Finance) in identifying and prioritizing opportunities to improve productivity, cost, quality and service throughout the external supply chain.
Assure that materials are procured at the lowest total cost, per specifications, in an efficient manner and delivered on time.
Key Performance metrics include but are not limited to:
• Achieve Sourcing Savings and cost competiveness goals
• Supplier on Time Delivery
Drives cost out projects to result in savings to the bottom line.
Manage and analyze data to identify opportunities for improvement.
Ensure compliance to all purchasing policies and exhibit excellent Ethical behavior.
• Support new projects in program management NPD, request for proposal process with external suppliers and gate reviews.
• Lead BOM cost analysis for the projects.
• Lead and guarantee a smooth transition of all new components (set up of LT, prices, MOQs) to the Direct Material/Production buyers once the project is ready to move to production.
More tasks defined in JD #LI-AR7
- Bachelors degree in engineering, Business, Operations, Supply Chain or related field.
- Minimum 2-4 years’ experience as a commodity buyer for one of the commodities Castin Electrical & Electronic Components.
Project management certification preferred but not mandatory; Strong knowled e of MS Offce tools (Word Excel PowerPoint Visio & Project
Strong proect and time management, or organizational, and analytical skills.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for job applicants and employees. Our recruitment processes use balanced selection criteria and avoid unlawful discrimination against applicants on the basis of their age, colour, disability, marital status, national origin, gender, gender identity, genetic information, race or racial origin, religion, sexual orientation or any other status protected or required by law.