Title: Commercial Manager
Reports to: VP of Construction
Location: Cabot Saint Lucia – Cap Estate
The Commercial Manager will work as part of the Construction team with a close working relationship with Finance to ensure the efficient and effective financial management of the project. The role will seek out new business opportunities to enable the project deliverables including the development of bids, negotiating, and agreeing contracts to meet the requirements of the project.
The Commercial Manager will partner with the VP of Construction and key internal stakeholders to develop, improve and implement procedures, standards and policies whilst adhering to regulatory and Company guidelines.
Brand Gate Keeper
- Ensure every piece of collateral represents the Cabot brand to the best of your ability
- Focus every aspect of your role to support Cabot’s vision of “Work Hard and Be Nice to “
- Share and collaborate on ideas to strengthen or introduce change for the better of the team and organization
Effective Team Player
- Contribute to building an environment of trust across the team and wider organization
- Promote a positive, inclusive, and participatory team environment
- Foster collaboration and support the success of others
- Think outside the box to develop creative solutions
- Create new insights from various sources of information, tools and techniques
- Approach challenges with a “glass-half-full” lens
Connected Relationship Builder
- Develop meaningful relationships with internal and external stakeholders to drive the work of Cabot Saint Lucia
- Engage effectively at all levels of the organization
- Manage, motivate, and evaluate a team of Quantity Surveyors and other members of the Commercial team.
- Develop and ensure commercial procedures are maintained by sharing best practices and continual improvement.
- Collaborate with the VP, Construction and FD to ensure construction budgets and cash flow projections are developed at each stage design phase.
- Work with the VP, Construction and FD to track actual costs and budgets and assist in preparing monthly forecasts.
- Provide timely and efficient reporting to VP, Construction, FD, SPM, and other assigned members of the leadership team providing visibility of construction spending against budget.
- Ensure all stakeholders understand and adhere to the contractual obligations of the project as well as local and federal regulations.
- Provide commercial and contractual guidance to assigned personnel and ensure proficiency and timeliness of contract administration.
- Collaborate with senior project management to assist in contract negotiations and administration where required.
- Efficiently manage regulatory and governance practices.
- Draft, review and manage requests for proposals to identify risks and contractual terms to ensure alignment to Company policy.
- Review and prepare invitations to tender for works packages including specialist disciplines ensuring no scope gap in packages, no overlap or duplication in related packages and avoidance of change orders wherever possible.
- Review tender submissions and assist in their evaluation for recommendation to the VP of Construction.
- Contribute to negotiations to facilitate the placing and compliant execution of prime contracts, subcontracts, nominations, LPO etc. on a best-for-project basis.
- Negotiate and clarify contractual requirements in meetings with consultants, contractors, and vendors.
- Manage and oversee output, performance and delivery of all costs assigned to the project in pre and post-contract phases.
- Oversee contract drafting including risk assessment & operational management of risk.
- Efficiently manage internal and external stakeholders to meet the needs of the project.
- Manage and liaise with Legal on construction contract-related matters where required.
- Maintain active relationships with related professional bodies and forums to keep abreast of relevant industry updates and learning.
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be deemed appropriate.
Experience and Qualifications & Skills:
- BSc (Hons) in Commercial Management and Quantity Surveying OR
- BSc/BA in Business Administration and finance with 10+ years in Commercial Management.
- PMP or equivalent with a proven track record of successfully managing multi-million-dollar projects.
- MCIPS, or equivalent is desirable.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills.
- Strategic and operational mindset.
- Comprehensive knowledge of industry business practices and the negotiation of prime contracts.
- Strong knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes
- Up-to-date knowledge of the industry trends, as well as laws and regulations
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal abilities
- Ability to work under demanding deadlines with good attention to detail.
- Advanced negotiation, influencing and stakeholder management abilities.
- Strong working knowledge of PC software packages typically associated with contract administration, particularly procure.
- Strong experience with MS Office Suite (Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
All applications should be submitted on or before the 22nd September 2023