KPMG Jamaica has a delivery center named “Jamaica Extended Support Services (JESS)” operating from Kingston, which is contracted to provide back-office support to its member firm KPMG United States (“the Client”).
As the Communications & Strategy Specialist, you will partner with our US Clients in developing & executing strategies geared at evolving and iterating the firm’s Global Business Services (GBS) strategy & growth plans. You will also be responsible for creating, modifying, and analyzing internal and external communication artefacts comprising, but not limited to; GBS pitch decks, business reporting presentations, flyers, e-communications, and other content as needed to communicate the firm’s value proposition. In this role, you will also be responsible to oversee the management and publication of content to the company intranet, hosted on SharePoint Online, planning new content releases and related projects. You will create and maintain a solid communications structure within the business, for both our external and internal clients/stakeholders, ensuring that KPMG brand elements are utilized correctly and effectively. You will plan the objectives and goals for the communications unit and all its structures, and report on progress made to the business. It will be part of your responsibility to create and distill compelling value propositions which target both prospective employees and new KPMG US clients.
Within this role, you will also be responsible for the development and execution of the change management and communication strategy for major changes that will take place within the organization. You will be the KPMG JESS point of contact as it relates to KPMG brand management within the company.
• Work with key stakeholders in providing oversight of the marketing and communications effort associated with the rollout of GBS strategy and growth plans. These will include but are not limited to pitch decks, graphic design, communication plans, as well as change management strategies supporting the expansion of the delivery centers, and the new GBS organization.
• Understand KPMG JESS and KPMG US services and assist in identifying opportunities to better serve internal and external stakeholders with a Global Business Service (GBS) mindset.
• Build solid relationships with key internal stakeholders: Continuous Improvement (CI) Analysts, Marketing departments (local & US), GBS project leads and internal customers in the Jamaican and Group management teams.
• Work as a subject matter resource in cross functional areas, leveraging knowledge and experience to shape services, lead presentations, workshops, and proposals for medium to high complex projects.
• Oversee the strategic marketing and communications effort associated with the rollout of initiatives including pitch decks, graphic design, communication plans, as well as change management strategy both for the increased leverage of the delivery centers, and the organization.
• Consider the financial aspects of the rollout of initiatives including budgeting, forecasting, business cases, business requirements documentation and other project related documentation.
• Lead and ensure execution of strategic initiatives for the organization.
• Manage the team that supports the maintenance of the company intranet, ensuring all pages created are KPMG brand compliant.
• Contribute to the innovation and evolution of the business, optimizing the organizational design, and expanding the breadth of services provided.
• Manage marketing and communications efforts through the creation of compelling branding and communication artifacts, while effectively utilizing data-based story telling as necessary.
• Support major events and projects with creative and media elements that showcase the firm’s “big wins”.
• Manage multiple simultaneous communication projects providing strategic updates on progress to ensure deadlines are met.
• Create training and communication collateral in easily read and learnable formats.
• Encourage and support the identification of continuous improvement initiatives through knowledge and best practice sharing, and storytelling.
• Bachelor’s degree in business management, Marketing, Media and Communications, or related field from an accredited college or university.
• 5+ years relevant experience in a business transformation, strategic communication, or a communications specialist role.
• Working knowledge of business transformation & change management principles.
• Proficiency in MS Power Point, SharePoint Online and Graphic Design.
• Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Cloud, namely, photoshop, InDesign, etc.
• Experience creating and supervising the creation of executive level pitch decks, communications, or videos to proliferate consistent messaging throughout an organization on a strategic initiative.
• Experience creating compelling and data-based business cases.
• Experience working within a competitive, high volume, data rich, commercial environment.
• Outstanding verbal/written communication, collaboration, negotiation, and influencing skills to lead an environment driven by customer service and teamwork; aptitude to direct, motivate and empower others to work towards the organization’s goals, ensuring efficient allocation of resources across multiple functions; ensure execution of strategic initiatives for the organization; capacity to address emerging opportunities and how organization should be organized to realize them
• Communication & Business transformation – Delivering clear, effective communication to drive business transformation and effective change management, and takes responsibility for:
I. Engaging in authoritative decision-making on matters of high complexity and impact and escalating through the appropriate channels where required.
II. Demonstrating outstanding verbal/written communication, collaboration, negotiation, and influencing skills to lead an environment driven by customer service and teamwork.
III. developing material that is easily understood to influence business partners and management and simplify complex information to ensure understanding.
• Stakeholder Management – the process of maintaining good relationships with the people who have the most impact on your work. You will:
I. Develop and maintain a good understanding of stakeholder landscape, interactions, and linkages across it, and play a key role in using stakeholder engagement (including collaborative working) to deliver strategic benefits.
• Customer Service – Demonstrating a commitment to public service, serving internal and external customers while holding oneself accountable for quality outcomes. This includes:
I. Adapting services and systems to meet customers’ needs, as well as identifying ways of improving standards.
II. Learning from complaints and taking action to resolve them.
• Collaboration & Teamwork – Demonstrating an aptitude to direct, motivate and empower others to work towards the organization’s goals. Working cooperatively with others, inside and outside the organization, to accomplish objectives. Building and maintaining mutually beneficial partnerships, while leveraging information, and achieving results by:
I. Analyzing the needs of business partners.
II. Establishing relationships and credibility with business partners.
Technical Competencies/ Process area
• Web-based Technologies – Supports the development, maintenance and application of web-based systems, services, and technologies (e.g., internet, intranet, extranet and website):
I. Able to create workflows, make configurations and system changes in keeping with client criteria.
II. Considers stakeholder needs when recommending appropriate web technologies.
• Technical Writing – Prepares written documentation to transfer technical information about concepts, situations, products, services, or results to audiences with varying levels of technical knowledge.
I. Designs format and content of documents or communications products to work within a cohesive structure that optimally conveys intended messages to target audiences with clarity and precision.
• Customer focus – Demonstrates a commitment to public service; serves and satisfies internal and external customers; holds self-accountable for quality outcomes.
I. Establishes and maintains credibility with the public, customers, and co-workers.
II. Conveys a positive attitude when interacting with customers and staff.
• Speaking and Listening – Effectively present and receive information and concepts, in both written and oral formats. Actively listen to ensure understanding by:
I. A concentrated focus on applying and enhancing knowledge and skill.
II. You are capable of coaching others in the application of this competency into easy-to-understand terms.
• Expected to work in a fast-paced team environment.
• Will be working primarily in a paperless environment and expected to be using information systems for the entire workday to access data or perform activities.
• May be required to work extended hours periodically or on public holidays.
We thank all interested applicants however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about K-JESS here: K-JESS Homepage
© 2023 KPMG, a Jamaican partnership and a member firm of the KPMG global organization of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Limited, a private English company limited by guarantee. All rights reserved.