“Looking for a diverse and rewarding career? If you’re looking to grow your career within a stable and growing financial services company, then Sagicor may be right for you!”
Sagicor Group Jamaica Limited is seeking a suitable candidate to join our Enterprise Risk Management & Group Compliance team in the capacity of:
Compliance Officer – Alliance Financial Services Limited
Provide support in executing the Group’s Compliance Program and ensure that compliance risks are mitigated.
Monitor, identify, analyze and report client transactions/ activity to ensure Alliance Financial Services Limited is in compliance with regulatory and internal requirements.
Assist the Head of ERM & Group Compliance at a level that will enhance the effective operation of the department and the achievement of the goals and objectives.
As a Compliance Officer, you will:
- Play a major role in performing risk-based analysis and evaluations of compliance related matters referred to the Department in keeping with approved Alliance Financial Services Limited’s processes and regulatory guidelines.
- Maintain accurate, up to date records of all actions, in-depth research and decisions taken, ensuring decisions are in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements and internal policies and procedures.
- Complete Statutory Reports such as Suspicious Activity Report, Suspicious Transaction Report, Threshold Transaction Report, Court Orders, and requests for information as assigned.
- Investigate any suspicious activity and/or medium/high risk clients received through referral or assignment and ensure case files and information are prepared in a timely manner, retained accordance with procedures and include appropriate recommendation to management on actions to mitigate AML compliance risks.
- Conduct daily monitoring of all FATCA and manual cases received in the designated tool and all manual cases received.
- Provide assistance with the operational efficiency of the Compliance program.
- Analyze, evaluate and close FATCA cases in designated tool.
- Contribute to the effective management of regulatory compliance.
- Aid with the operational efficiency of the Compliance Program.
- Conduct periodic review of medium and high-risk clients as assigned and assist management in conducting compliance testing of the business units.
- Assist in conducting compliance related training including, but not limited to, Anti-Money Laundering, and integrating compliance requirements into business processes.
- Perform other related duties assigned from time to time.
What do you need?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Banking & Finance, Accounting, Law from a recognized tertiary institution AND/ OR related professional certification such as ACAMS Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist, ICA Compliance Certification.
- Two (2) years’ working experience in a banking or compliance related function in the financial industry.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant laws and regulations relating to the Banking, Securities, and Insurance industries.
- Knowledge of anti-money laundering regulations and guidelines.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, decision-making and research capabilities, building partnerships with stakeholders, innovation, teamwork.
- Strong ability to partner and work cross-functionally.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in meeting deadlines.
- Sound knowledge of computer software packages including word processing and spreadsheet applications.
If this role is of interest to you, kindly submit an application via Sagicor’s career portal no later than November 17, 2023.
While we appreciate all applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Click Here to Learn More About Sagicor
Click Here to Join SAGE by Sagicor