We are seeking a professional, switched on and strong Construction Project Manager to join our team and manage end-to-end construction project located in the north coast of the Dominican Republic. This is an on-site role.
The position will be interesting, varied and challenging, with excellent future prospects.
Applicants should have an appropriate background which will include strong experience in construction project management, time planning, budgeting and analysis; quantity surveyor skills would be an advantage.
Successful candidates will be process driven, hands on and able to implement structure with a hard working attitude.
As a starting business, it is the greatest time to join in and experience the thrill of contributing to its creation, development and limitless growth opportunities it will offer.
- Coordination, planning, specification of business proposals, and coordination of subcontractors for the overall project
- Provide reports, specifications, technical analyses to fully define the design requirements, equipment, and services needed
- In charge of overseeing the design, planning, and construction of new expansion projects in order to ensure flawless execution
- Managing the relationship with stakeholders
- Negotiating contracts with vendors and presenting formal documentation for approval
- Ensuring that contracts are fit for purpose, cost effective and incorporate appropriate Service Level Agreements
- Maintaining performance targets for duration, cost, and quality, addressing and resolving underperformance issues
- Coach and guide all project teams (sub-contractors, maintenance engineers and commissioning engineers) throughout the full project life cycle
- Support contractors’ work and help them to achieve higher performance levels
- Audit contractors to check that the skills and competences of contract labour are appropriate to need, and they are fit to undertake the work on which they will be deployed
- Establish and operate the information systems necessary for effective scheduling and recording of contract work
- Bachelor degree in construction Management / Civil engineer / Architect / Business administration
- 5+ years of experience as Project Manager in Construction
- Proven project management in construction or engineering experience with a proven track record of managing both new builds and the enhancement of existing residential and hotels
- High-end/residential and/or luxury hospitality construction experience
- Project Management experience from design phase through implementation and operation
- Experience negotiating construction, procurement and labor contracts
- Excellent organisational & team management skills
- Hands on attitude
- Excellent JCT contract understanding and experience (D&B, Intermediate and Construction Management)
- Able to travel as required
- Fluency in English both verbal and written
Salary and benefits are competitive and based on candidate experience.