YOU TACKLE FOR QUALITY AND GREAT SERVICE. THIS WILL IMPROVE THE LIFE OF OUR CUSTOMERS.
Would you like to become part of the world’s most international company in the world?
A company that pioneered cross-border express delivery in 1969 and is now active in more than 220 countries and territories worldwide. Do you want to be part of a company that connects people worldwide? And the more people we connect, the better life will be on our planet.
Do you want to make a difference? Then come to our “Insanely Customer Centric” Team and become a Certified International Specialist!
DHL Express currentlyhas an openCountry Managerposition located in Jamaica. This role will lead, develop and control the business and operations at the country-level to achieve short and long-term financial and operating objectives (profitability, revenue, productivity, market share, deployment of human resources and training activities, budget) in line with the DPDHL strategy under the direction of the CEO, Caribbean.
- Managebusiness on the country level while serving on and contributing to the Senior Management Team of the Caribbean.
- Contribute in development of strategy for the commercial, operational and organizational aspects of the business.
- Supervise Sales, Marketing and Operations including Gateways, with oversight of Customer Service, Point of Service Retail, Regional Accounting, Purchasing, Personnel, Labor Relations and Finance.
- Manage the country-level P&L (local contribution and EBIT), cost andrevenue management and ensure compliance to internal controls
- Develop, manage and deliver annual operating plan (budget).
- Identify and develop commercial growth opportunities.
- Makedifficult decisions and ensure that they carried out properly on topics including, but not limited to, product and market strategy, business development, or capitalinvestments within country.
- Analyze complex multi-dimensional issues to improve, change or adapt existing methods and techniques.
- Ensure that the country develops both realistic and aggressive plansthat deliver business success and long-term profitability
- Provide and/ormaintain industry leadership in the market through the ‘best’ service levels.
- Ensure the company has the appropriate local legal representationto represent DHL to the agencies, organizations, banks, ministries, and otherlocal private and government organizations.
- Optimize servicelevels and cost productivities while maintaining a high level of employee engagement
- Develop open lines of communication and build strong working relationships with senior executives within DHL to collaborate on strategic direction, and to vet best practices.
- Approveand/or lead all major projects including integration projects on the country level.
- Develop and implement initiatives and processes for business/functional area withinoverall area of responsibility.
- Recommend policies, methods, processes, and techniques for the businessfunction based on change initiatives
- Envision and create new methods,techniques, and/or processes across job areas or functions.
- Advocate for continuous improvement of all country processes and ICCC.
- Establish and maintain personal accountability and relationships with top 20 customers and their senior management team.
- Supervise, coordinate, and lead professional and supervisory levelsubordinates in order to accomplish operational plans and results.
- Recruitand develop the members of the country leadership team; direct their efforts as needed to keep them motivated and successful.
- Conduct communications and updates with all staff and weekly 1:1’s with leadership team on at least a monthly basis
- Approvekey personnel decisions for the country.
- Support and promote roll out of CIS/CIM.
- Ensure performance planning, coaching,and evaluations occur per policy.
- Maintain an adequate LaborEnvironment.
- Drive commitment, motivation, employee engagement and employee enthusiasm for company and division.
- Optimize teamstructure, roles, and performance targets in co-operation with functional leaders.
- Evaluate performance and propose performance-based compensation for directstaff.
- Ensure compliance with policies,procedures, and processes across the organization, whiledelivering the goals set in the areas for productivity, performance, quality,and profitability.
• Minimum of ten years of progressively increasing levels of work experience, with five years of industry experience specifically in General Management positions.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate teams and deliver results.
- Master of Business Administration degree preferred.
- Ability to organize, manage, and administer financial, operational, and sales activities across the country.
- Excellent ability to communicate orally and in writing and in a business setting.
- Ability to work under extreme pressure.
- Organizational and high-level planning skills.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of systems, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office.