With 3.4 billion people in over 190 countries using our products every day, Unilever is a business that makes a real impact on the world. Work on brands that are loved and improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us. We are driven by our purpose: to make sustainable living commonplace, and it is our belief that doing business the right way drives superior performance. At the heart of what we do is our people – we believe that when our people work with purpose, we will create a better business and a better world.
At Unilever, your career will be a unique journey, grounded in our inclusive, collaborative, and flexible working environment. We don’t believe in the ‘one size fits all’ approach and instead we will equip you with the tools you need to shape your own future.
Find your purpose at Unilever. You will lead innovations, big and small, that will make our business win and grow. You will learn from brilliant business leaders and colleagues in a truly global and diverse culture to ultimately become a better you. If you are ready to lead the financial agenda within the relevant Business team. To measure forecasts against variables and monitor the overall financial health of the Division then this role is just for you.
WHAT WILL YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES BE
- Provide finance business partnering to a Business Team
- Support the CCBT’s in developing brand strategies in line with business objectives
- and action standards
- Monitor and evaluate the Divisional investment decisions
- Lead the business process for either BMI, S & OP, BC or NR
- Lead and manage the operations of innovation and BLG business cases together
- with development and tracking of delivery.
- Lead the engagement and challenge assumptions to ensure BC reflect in-market
- Active participation during review discussions, provide input on risks,
- opportunities, and issues, provide input on actions to course correct.
- Drive financial performance against the agreed business plans and innovations.
- Determine the impact of cost moves on category & brand, evaluate and
- recommend price corrections.
- Evaluate all pricing scenarios to ensure it creates value.
- Analyse and challenge Business T on cycle on cycle movements.
- Triangulate costs moves quarterly (P & L, vs savings programme & procurement
- cost moves)
- Business partner R &D, CCD, Marketing and supply chain on S & OP, Business
- cases, red cell turnaround, BMI, CPP & GM accretion projects.
- Analyse, evaluate & challenge the monthly results vs forecast and the knock on
- impact on the full year forecast.
- Ensure effective investments in brands through relevant analysis
- Develop and manage a team of direct reportables 5x Work Level 1′
- Lead the end to end NRM Lever 3 process and ensure that it is fully aligned to
- IBP, customer plans and brand category strategy.
- Drive alignment across stakeholders and ensure actionable operational plans are
- in place.
- Build NRM capability for mix and future profit head room.
- Ongoing tracking and monitoring of NRM delivery and ensuring action plans in place for deviations.
- Global visitors – supporting BT leads in preparation as well as during the
Position Benefits/ Challenges
- Cross-functional/BT business partnering
- Extensive exposure to the relevant BT leadership team
- Holistic view of category in comparison to competitors and the external marke
- Challenge and add value to profitability of brand
- Experience in a Management Accounting role
Size and Scope of Decision Making
- Recommend and steer financial decisions, on an ad hoc basis
- Business decisions (based on the impact on the business)
Key Performance Indicators
- Monitor, track and challenge financial performance of category for the CCBT
- Seek to identify opportunities when financial performance is off-track
- Custodian of overall financial business case for innovation projects and new
Key Relationships/ People Measures
- Number of Subordinates: 5- 7 (Shared
- Role of Subordinates: Role of Subordinates
Experiences & Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Finance
- Professional finance qualification, e.g. CIMA, CA
- Financial flexibility
- Business partnering – Brand, Customer, Supply Chain or other
- Major project leadership
- Management accounting
- Strategic influencing
- Team leadership and commitment
- Well-developed communication skills
- Ability to respond and deliver under pressure
- Holding people accountable
- Seizing the future
- Analytical thinking and problem solving ability
- Project management
- Conscientious, organised and able to prioritize multiple demands
- High attention to detail
- Deadline driven
- Identify and Frame the Issue
- Structure & Integrate Information
- Model & Analyse Data
- Recommend, Communicate and Act on Findings
- Employ Effective Partnering Skills
Steering Business Performance
- Set Goals
- Create Plans
- Manage Forecasting Process
- Allocate Resources
- Measure Business Performance
- Align Rewards
- Engage with Businesses to create pull for information
- Create and manage common information management platforms
- Manage Information Operations
Financial Transaction Processing
- Implement Transaction Processing Systems
- Operate Accounting system
- Generate Routine Accounting Records and Financial Reports
- Determine and apply correct accounting treatments
- Manage Financial Reporting
- Manage external reporting and audit
- Uphold Fiduciary Responsibilities
- Establish Financial/Holding Structures and Policies
Risk Management & Internal Controls
- Identify & Mitigate Operational, Financial and Business Risks
- Manage Financial Internal Control Systems and Policies
- Manage Operational Internal Control Systems and Policies
- Manage Cash
- Manage Financial Risks
Acquisitions, Alliances and Divestments
- Evaluate Options
- Understand Financial Markets: trends, organisation and operations
- Analyse Unilever, Industry and Competitors
- Manage Communication effectively
- Manage Relationships
- Manage Programme
- Business Strategy Formulation
- Business Strategy Formulation
- Project Management
- Change Management
- Business Process Design and Management
- Information Management
- Application and Exploitation of Information Technology (Microsoft Excel)
- You are an inclusive motivator of people. Your team deliver with real passion, growing and learning from each other whilst delivering quick wins.
- You are still responsible for your own results and as a manager, you also need to motivate others to deliver with passion, creating an inclusive and engaging climate around you. You can balance challenge with support and coaching. You understand the wider business context and you are emotionally intelligent enough to motivate people to deliver what is needed.
Critical SOL (Standards of Leadership) Behaviors
- PERSONAL MASTERY: Sets high standards for themselves. Has emotional intelligence to take feedback, manage mood and motivations, and build empathy for others.
- PASSION FOR HIGH PERFORMANCE: Generates intensity and focus to motivate people to deliver results at speed. Takes personal responsibility and accountability for execution and results.
- TALENT CATALYST: Invests in people – coaches individuals and teams to realize their full potential. Creates an inclusive climate, empowering everyone to be at their best.
- PURPOSE & SERVICE: Has humility, understanding that leadership is service to others, inside and outside Unilever.
- CONSUMER LOVE: Invests time inside and outside to understand the needs of consumers.
- BUSINESS ACUMEN: Creates sustainable growth with purpose, engaging different partners across the system for change.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.