Who are we?
Sanlam Private Wealth crafts customised investment portfolios for high net worth private clients, charitable institutions, trusts and corporate entities.
With assets under management and administration of more than R151 billion, we offer a comprehensive and integrated suite of wealth management solutions. These include equity, retirement and offshore investment portfolios, fiduciary and tax services, an equity-backed finance offering, a global stockbroking service and derivatives trading.
At Sanlam Private Wealth, our clients are at the core of everything we do. For this reason, we employ people with passion – individuals who thrive in an entrepreneurial, high-energy environment.
Sanlam Private Wealth is part of the Sanlam Investments Group, a leading investment and wealth management business in South Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, Australia and Europe.
What will you do?
- Support the accounting administrator in the preparation of interim and annual financial statements
- Support the estates administrator in the winding up of deceased estates
- Support the tax administrator in the area of tax compliance
- Provide general administrative support to the fiduciary team
- Receive all round training in all aspects of fiduciary services and related investment activities
What will make you successful in this role?
- Willingness to learn
- Energetic and flexible
- Ability to work with people at all levels
- Ability to work in an orderly and accurate manner
Qualification and experience
- Tertiary commercial qualification
- Previous experience in the fiduciary environment is advantageous, but not essential
Knowledge and skills
- Ability to communicate clearly at a high standard with colleagues and high net worth clients
- Organizational skills and a team-orientated attitude
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines and quality standards
- Demonstration of living the company’s values
- Strong analytical ability and attention to detail
- Strong service orientation
- Learning agility and curiosity
- Strong numerical orientation
- Accurate and detail orientated
- Ability to perform well under pressure and show maturity, confidence and resilience
- Excellent listening, communication and interpersonal skills
- Pro-active approach to work, clients and problem solving
Build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth.
Through its business clusters – Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Corporate, Santam, Mi-way, as well as the Group Office – the Sanlam Group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.
- To be considered for the above opportunity please upload your detailed CV on or before 15 September 2023
- Please note that if you are not contacted within two weeks after the closing date your application has been unsuccessful
Our commitment to transformation
The Sanlam Group is committed to transformation and embracing diversity, and our employment equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse workplace with employment equity as a key goal to create an inclusive workforce, representative of the demographics of our society as well as people with disabilities.