GK General Insurance Company seeks to identify an individual looking for an excellent opportunity to progress his/her career; and who possesses the vision and energy to help drive dynamic changes in the company, in the following capacity:-
FINANCE ASSOCIATE- RECEIVABLES
Reporting to the Head of Receivables Management, GK General Insurance Company Limited, the incumbent will be expected to:
Purpose of Position
- Effectively manage the receivables portfolio to ensure timely collection and accurate allocation of payments
- Reconcile accounts, research and address differences in in a timely manner to ensure the accuracy and validity of account balances
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Execute on agreed strategy to ensure the collection of balances from assigned Broker Partners, Direct Clients and Territory companies within the agreed timelines.
- Track outstanding balances from the Age Analysis Report and implement the necessary corrective measures on a timely basis to ensure accounts are up-to-date.
- Monitor unallocated cash (receipts not applied accurately to premium accounts) and implement the necessary corrective measures in a timely manner.
- Ensure accounts are updated in a timely manner with payment details.
- Set registry and generate journals for approval with sufficient and accurate details to have client accounts updated.
- Conduct monthly/bi-monthly and or periodic Broker Reconciliations and identify discrepancies and implement resolution to address discrepancies noted.
- Generate Reconciliation Summary and submit to assigned Broker or Personal Lines Team for the adjustments to be made where discrepancies are identified in the Recon Process.
- Prepare Clear by Payments in the underwriting system for the payment of premium refunds.
- Generate monthly Accounts Receivables Reports to ensure the effective management of assigned portfolio
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies ensuring key stakeholders are updated and accounts continue to be effectively maintained.
- Generate and dispatch monthly Broker/Direct statements by the 4th working day each month to ensure outstanding premiums, discrepancies and possible cancellations are processed in a timely manner.
- Prepare cancellation notices for overdue balances and send to the relevant stakeholders.
- Set policies to cancel upon expiration of cancellation notice.
- Develop effective customer relationships through networking, delivering on customer commitments and providing the customer with key information critical for the customer’s business.
- Perform other duties and activities that may be assigned from time to time as required for the effective functioning of the Department.
- Achievement of GKI Receivables KPI and targets
- Timely identification and correction of errors with accounts
- Confidentiality of customer information is maintained
- Amicably resolve customer’s complaints and queries
- Level of professionalism demonstrated
- Adherence to GKI’s Receivables practices and guidelines
- Works on own initiative
- Maintain GKI’s QAP Standards
Qualifications & Experience:
- First Degree in Finance, Accounts or related field
- Two (2) years experience in an Accounting or Finance Department
- Experience in receivables management is considered an asset
- Customer focus
- Relationship Building
- Problem Solving
- Decision Making
- Attention to Detail with a Dedication to Efficiency and Accuracy
- Team Oriented
- Time Management and Multi-tasking
Qualified applicants are invited to submit applications no later than 15/09/2023 via the Careers section of SuccessFactors.
GK General Insurance Company upholds the principles of fairness and equity in the treatment of all our employees and stakeholders. The Company is committed to equity in all its employment practices and policies and seeks to recruit, develop and retain its employees on the basis of merit, ability and performance. As such, we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment, and will not discriminate on the grounds of race, national origin, religion, gender, or otherwise.