Our vision aims to empower our clients by actively leveraging our broad range of services. With our global presence, we have career opportunities all across the world which can lead to a unique, exciting and fulfilling career path. Pick your path today! To see what career opportunities we have available, explore below to find your next career!
Acuity International is currently seeking a Public Health Technician to support our mission in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. The Public Health Technician performs complex multidisciplinary public health safety and sanitation studies, inspections, and investigations to enforce federal laws and regulations and protect the health and safety of the population at risk.
Location: Deploying to Port-au-Prince, Haiti.
- Conducts routine inspections to prevent or eliminate environmental and sanitation health hazards as directed; may be assigned to regulate food facilities, drinking water programs (ROWPU & bottled water), MWR/gyms, barber/beauty shops, food and bottled water receipt of goods and storage areas, MRE’s ablution units, and chemical latrines following current standard operating procedures; duties may vary according to job assignment.
- Enforces health and safety laws and regulations.
- Prepares and maintains records of inspections; gathers evidence and recommends corrective actions.
- Updates and maintains a variety of files, records, and other documents; gathers, compiles, and synthesizes data; maintains appropriate records and prepares reports as required.
- Presents community outreach programs; educates the population at risk regarding program services.
- Responds to public health complaints; works with additional stakeholders and recommends corrective action, writes and issues memorandum of record within scope of authority.
- Assists with influenza vaccination outreach and campaign
- Responds to communicable disease and foodborne illness outbreaks, applies epidemiological methods, and provides consultation and recommendations.
- Provides referral to supervisor when problems occur beyond the scope of the position and tracks the problem until it has been resolved.
- Addresses concerns on specific public health issues; educates the necessary stakeholders on public health issues.
- Records and maintains patient information in accordance with standard protocols, and the Privacy Act.
- Identifies and records the signs and symptoms of physical and mental conditions.
- Thoroughly exercises skill in initiative, judgment, problem-solving and decision-making daily.
- Makes independent judgments and prioritizes workload.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Completion of an accredited public health program, associate degree or U.S. Military technical school training in one of the following fields: 4E0X1 Public Health Specialist, 68R Army Vet Food Specialist, 68S Preventive Medicine Specialist or HM-8432 Preventive Medicine Technician.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Health, Occupational Health, Industrial Hygiene, Public Health, Public Administration or Health Administration or a closely related field is preferred.
- At least one year of experience in the inspection of food and drink establishments. This experience should demonstrate knowledge of Federal laws and regulations as they pertain to food safety.
- Registered Sanitarian (RS) Credential preferred.
- Must complete Servsafe Instructor Course and Exam and Registered Servsafe Proctor Course and Exam or course equivalent before deploying.
- Have and maintain current certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Knowledge of general sanitation practices, laws, and regulations governing the food industry.
- Knowledge of proper food preparation, safe food handling, sanitation practices, and judgment recognizing abnormalities in food.
- Performance of Quality Control tests and/or laboratory tests in the food, beverage, pharmaceutical or pet food industry or other similar environments, assuring that standards are met with products that are consumed by humans or animals.
- Must be able to multi-task, be detail-oriented, be organized and have excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Proficiency with computer and common office equipment, as well as with MS Office products required.
- Ability to adapt to sudden changes and flexibility in work requirements to include potential shift changes based on operational needs and/or command priorities.
- All Healthcare Providers and medical support staff must have a recent clinical experience in patient care for a least 6 months out of the past year.
- Must have a current passport.
- Sign an International Assignment Agreement (IAA) prior to deployment.
- Must meet pre-deployment physical requirements.
- No conditions that would prevent the wear of personal protective equipment; including protective mask, ballistic helmet, body armor and chemical/biological protective garments or conditions that would prevent the capability of donning, lifting or carrying of up to 70 lbs. of referenced gear while running to a bunker or protected area in the face of perceived or imminent danger.
- Work involves sitting and standing for prolonged periods of time.
- Location of services may at times be in remote, austere or challenging environments.
- May require bending, stooping and lifting as required for patient care and transport.
Acuity International is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
For OFCCP compliance, the taxable entity associated with this job posting is: