The Forklift Technician is responsible to diagnose adjust, repair and overhaul mobile mechanical, hydraulic and electrical equipment such as forklifts, mobile and manual pallet jacks, reach trucks, stock pickers and other small warehouse equipment. Will also be responsible for maintaining and repairing warehouse floor and fast doors.
- Ability to operate material handling equipment.
- Ability to operate any other related power equipment.
- Organize and schedule preventive maintenance for industrial machines and equipment.
- Submit and document service record.
- Adjust and maintain machinery, using control and regulating devices.
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs using diagnostic equipment such as computerized test equipment and calibration devices.
- Read and understand operating manuals, troubleshooting guides and electrical wiring schematics.
- Examine parts for damage or excessive wear and tear and make recommendation for replacement.
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts.
- Repair, rewire and troubleshoot electrical systems.
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment.
- Research, order and maintain forklift spare sparts inventory for services and repairs.
- Assemble gear systems and disassemble and assemble forklift mast.
- Ability to work on warehouse fast doors.
- Any other related functions.
- Must possesses the ability to carry/move heavy objects, stoop, kneel, crouch to be able troubleshoot equipment or move spare parts that cannot be otherwise moved with power equipment.
- Must be able to withstand cold temperature while accessing cold/chill room to check on equipment.
- Must be able to be on call on weekends and public holidays.
- Must possess the ability to be focused on observing proper operating procedures and best practices.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.