“Looking for a diverse and rewarding career? If you’re looking to grow your career within a stable and growing financial services company, then Sagicor may be right for you!”
Sagicor Bank Jamaica Limited is seeking a suitable candidate to join our Banking Operations team in the capacity of:
HEART Trainee (1-Year Contract)
In partnership with HEART/NSTA TRUST, Sagicor Group Jamaica Limited is seeking candidates for the School Leavers’ Training Opportunities Programme (SLTOP) specially designed to bridge the gap between school and the world of work for recent school leavers. Our School Leavers’ Training Opportunities Programme (SLTOP) is for school leavers between the ages of 17 to 23, who have six or more CXC or GCE passes including English Language and Mathematics. In the SLTOP, trainees have the opportunity to work with Sagicor Life Jamaica Limited for up to one year, where they can fully acquaint themselves with the company’s daily operations in order to gain rich, immersive practical knowledge.
Location: Kingston & St. Andrew
As a HEART Trainee, you will:
- Deliver quality client service by greeting and responding to clients promptly and courteously according to Sagicor Bank’s client service standards.
- Assist with answering of telephones.
- Assist with KYC updates and other projects.
- Assist clients with the completion of relevant account opening forms.
- Verify cheques, bearer orders or correspondences with clients and branches.
- Assist with floorwalking or client management activities.
- Contact clients for the collection of cheque books, credit/ debit cards and returned cheques.
- Prepare letters and dispatch returned cheques being held more than stipulated holding period.
- Assist with destruction of cheque books, credit, and personalized debit cards.
- Monitor stationery and other office supplies.
- Assist with filing and culling activities.
- Assist with the preparation of external correspondence such as bank statements and letters to embassies.
- Assist with proofing and end of day branch activities.
- Perform any other duties assigned from time to time.
What do you need?
- A minimum of six (6) CSEC general proficiency subjects including Mathematics and English Language.
- Basic knowledge of the bank’s products and services.
- Proficiency in computer software packages such as word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of the customer relations principles.
- Good time management skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
If this role is of interest to you, kindly submit an application via Sagicor’s career portal no later than November 3, 2023.
While we appreciate all applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Click Here to Learn More About Sagicor
Click Here to Join SAGE by Sagicor