What Quality Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health
Quality develops and implements quality policies, procedures, and processes to ensure products and services comply with regulatory standards and specifications.
Quality Engineering manages product and service quality planning, evaluation and control. This job family works cross-functionally in the development and implementation of prevention-based methodologies used in designing, manufacturing, testing, and correction of products and services.
The Engr, Quality Control supports the maintenance of quality systems and quality of documentation reports through coordinating activities around the flow of materials and the review of labeling for all packages. This includes coordinating the phase in – phase out of new labeling for all packaging levels, handling in change control processes, managing the controlled documents within Rayong facility and distributing and controlling documents issued from Corporate.
- Handles the change control for labeling to ensure that labeling is done correctly.
- Coordinates the artwork review process and release of final artwork.
- Prepares Bill of Materials for revised product and to set up Bill of Materials in the PRMS system for all new/revised components, including new product.
- Coordinates with purchasing department for material ordering and work with raw material lab for material inspection, as well as old inventory depletion.
- Coordinates with planning for production plan to phase-in new products or specific/all destinations.
- Maintains the quality of documents and manages and controls the electronic database for quality documents.
- Ensures that all accidents and near misses are reported to management and that injured employees are given proper treatment.
- Investigates all accident and near misses and completes necessary reports and recommendations.
- Identifies ongoing improvement opportunities to the quality system and works with the QRM team to implement improvements.
- Leads standard work implementation for new products and processes.
- Supports product and process validations through protocol reviews to ensure protocols are being followed.
- Supports improvements to the Quality Management System that result in reduced quality costs.
- Supports Operational Excellence and enables high quality products and processes.
- Supports Operational Excellence improvement projects including representing the QRM team and providing data, analysis and risk management as required.
- Leads GB and Kaizen projects as a LSS Green Belt.
- 0-2 years of experience
- BA, BS or equivalent experience in related field
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies basic concepts, principles and technical capabilities to perform routine tasks
- Works on projects of limited scope and complexity
- Follows established procedures to resolve readily identifiable technical problems
- Works under direct supervision and receives detailed instructions
- Develops competence by performing structured work assignments
Candidates who are back-to-work, people with disabilities, without a college degree, and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.