The GraceKennedy Group seeks to identify an individual looking for an excellent opportunity to progress his/her career; and who possesses the vision and energy to help drive dynamic changes across the group, in the following capacity:-
The Junior Counsellor provides essential support to our Counselling Psychologist and clients. The primary responsibility involves helping clients address their mental and emotional health needs under the direct supervision of the Counselling Psychologist.
- Psychosocial Support: Assist in providing emotional, mental, and behavioural support to students, staff members, and families with the Grace & Staff network, under the guidance of the Counselling Psychologist. May also provide psycho-social support as part of the company’s wellness programme.
- Initial Assessments and Referrals: Conduct initial needs assessments to determine appropriate interventions and assist the Counselling Psychologist in making referrals where required.
- Career Guidance Support: Assist in psychometric profiling and career planning processes for students.
- School Liaison Support: Assist in liaising with Guidance Counsellors within schools for the case management of Grace & Staff students’ welfare.
- Parental and Staff Engagement: Support in developing and facilitating workshops and seminars for parents, staff, and other stakeholders on developmental and career issues.
- Programme Coordination Support: Provide administrative and logistical support for the Foundation’s Mentorship and Job Shadowing programmes.
- Community Partnerships: Assist in establishing and maintaining partnerships with governmental and non-governmental agencies for capacity building and client referrals.
- Representation: Support the Counselling Psychologist in representing the Foundation in various capacities, including making presentations and participating in conferences.
- Barbican Homework Centre Oversight: Assist in providing oversight and support for the Barbican Homework Centre.
- Continuous Learning: Participate in professional development activities, including workshops, seminars, and trainings, to stay updated with the latest practices in counselling.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS
- A bachelor’s degree in psychology or counselling.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in a counselling or mental health setting, or a recent graduate with strong internship experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent observation and listening skills.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and adhere to professional ethics.
- Proficient in case management software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong empathetic skills, and a deep understanding of cultural and socio-economic factors affecting clients’ mental health.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit applications no later than 12/11/2023 via the careers section of our Corporate Website at www.gracekennedy.com
GraceKennedy upholds the principles of fairness and equity in the treatment of all our employees and stakeholders. The Company is committed to equity in all its employment practices and policies and seeks to recruit, develop and retain its employees on the basis of merit, ability and performance. As such, we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment, and will not discriminate on the grounds of race, national origin, religion, gender, or otherwise.