Sutherland is a multi-national company seeking a Strategic Sourcing & Procurement Manager. Sutherland is a global provider of world-class, innovative, analytics-driven business solutions and services, if you have a strong background in the sourcing and procurement process – we want to work with you!
Strategic Sourcing & Procurement is defined as: sourcing, negotiating, and purchasing of goods, materials, and services to meet the company’s operational requirements.
Overall purpose of the role: Sourcing & Purchase of goods, materials, and services to ensure that the company operational needs are met, taking into account price, quality and delivery and to ensure uninterrupted supply / services are delivered by the vendors. The resource may take responsibility for a specific task or hold a larger remit in terms of purchasing responsibility.
- Purchasing and negotiation of goods, materials, or services in line with specified specifications, costs, quality, and delivery timelines.
- Ensure on time supply of required goods and materials and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations.
- Research and evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce costs wherever possible.
- Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement.
- Negotiate contracts, improve prices, and terms of business with Vendors and review opportunities to make business savings utilizing negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods.
- Assess & evaluate Vendors and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement activities!
- Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all vendor relationships.
- Ensure compliance with company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures during vendor negotiations and contracts award process.
- Explore alternate sources for goods, materials & services to bring in improved commercials & quality and better business terms.
- Assess & analyze commercial proposals and quotations from prospective vendors.
- Prepare purchase orders in line with final negotiations with selected vendors and in line with organizational targets and requirements.
- Undertake research on and evaluate existing and new vendors.
- Contact Vendors to resolve price, quality, delivery, or invoice issues.
- Work collaboratively and negotiate and engage with internal stakeholders (functions like HR, Marketing, Facilities, Admin, Security, Finance, Legal, IT etc.) and Vendors regarding new projects, supplies and initiatives to ensure successful product / service delivery.
- Drive special initiatives to improve procurement addressable spend, improve contract coverage and catalogues.
- Work as a problem solver to meet business demands.
- Build, maintain and manage Vendor relationships and ensure good communications.
- Manage and coordinate all facilities, HR, and Marketing related purchasing activities for Jamaica (Primarily) and US & Canada. The volume of purchases is in tune of more than USD$30M and more than 1000 purchase order per Annum.
- Achieve a minimum 10% to 12% cost saving year on year.
- Confident, rounded thinking
- Is assertive, optimistic, and open to change.
- Resilient, self-motivated, and able to work well under pressure.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Strong negotiation, communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Knowledge of Facilities, Administration sourcing across geos like Jamaica, US & Canada etc.
- Results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against defined TATs.
- Commercially and financially aware.
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy.
Reporting Structure: The Resource will be part of Global Strategic Sourcing & Procurement organization and would directly report into AVP – Global Strategic Sourcing & Procurement, Non-Tech and will be a part of an efficient Global Sourcing team spread across the Globe.
Work location: Jamaica
Work Timing: Mainly Jamaican work timings
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE LEVELS:
- Bachelor’s Degree from Engineering, Science or Commerce stream or related field
- Proven purchasing experience of minimum 10-12 years in IT/ITES, BPM organizations.
- Minimum 7-8 years of experience in managing procurement & sourcing activities related to Facilities & Admin functions like, but not limited to, Office Leases, Contracting, Facility Development projects, Janitorial Services, Electro-Mechanical Services, Security Services, Transport, Facility re-development projects, Sourcing of office furniture, CAPEX Equipment purchase, HR & Marketing, Employees Benefits, Employees Gifting, Marketing Service Contracts etc.
- Operational experience of minimum 4-5 years on procurement sourcing tools like ARIBA/COUPA/Ivalua
- Ability to add value, reduce costs and make improvements.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of vendors.
- Computer literate, to include Power point and advanced knowledge of Excel.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for this role.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
As your prospective employer, we need to process your Personal Data as needed to evaluate your qualification for the position you are applying for with Sutherland. During the recruitment process, your Personal Data may be transferred outside of Jamaica and disclosed to third parties in the normal course of the recruitment and/or employment process or as needed to comply with applicable laws. This may include transferring information to our affiliated Companies for purposes connected to your employment with the company or to the management of Sutherland’s business.