We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Title and Summary
Managing Consultant, Advisors Business Development
Mastercard Advisors, the professional services arm of Mastercard’s Data & Services organization, provides payments-focused consulting services to financial institutions and merchants worldwide. With its unique category expertise, deep understanding of customer needs and successful track record in addressing complex challenges throughout the payments lifecycle, Mastercard Advisors addresses the challenges and opportunities of its clients, enhances Mastercard’s strategic and tactical performance and establishes Mastercard’s global thought-leadership pre-eminence.
The Manager, Business Development is an active team member who contributes to sales targets and opportunity generation and closing with Mastercard Advisors clients. Whilst this individual is not expected to be a subject matter expert in the payment cards industry, they will demonstrate expertise in consulting sales management experience and professional problem-solving skills.
• Develop relevant and value-creating analysis and insights for our clients
• Build strategies, propositions & operating models independently or as part of a consulting team
• Apply a range of quantitative and qualitative analytical techniques to rigorously identify client issues
• Synthesize analysis into clear, sound proposals and recommendations; taking responsibility for structuring and writing reports and steering committee presentations to high accuracy and quality standards
• For small to medium engagements, assumes overall project management responsibilities for projects; identifies project staffing resources. Develops, defines and reviews required analyses
• Develop effective working relationships with mid to senior level client management
• Implements/communicates strategies to achieve goals, acts as advisor to and maintains ongoing relationships with client executives
• Proactively seek new knowledge and skills and facilitate the development of intellectual capital
• Support MasterCard Advisors and local market account teams in client relationship management and business development effort
• Additional tasks as required
All About You:
• Proven consulting experience at a top-rated firm or equivalent business management experience and internal consulting experience in a major financial institution
• Bachelor degree or equivalent qualification. Advanced degree or MBA preferred
• Fluent in or Native Spanish speaking is a must-have. Professional level English language capability required
• Strong analytical, interpretive and problem solving skills, including the proven ability to interpret large amounts of data, some of it ambiguous, and translate it into concise rational output that includes recommendations based upon core findings
• Strong presence & communication skills – both interpersonal & written
• Excellent client management & engagement management skills
• Proven team player with proven ability to work with all levels in a highly intellectual, collaborative, and fast paced
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.