Position Title: Nurse stagiaire
Status: Intern / stagiaire auxiliare
Reports to: Head Nurse
Language Requirements: French / Creole
Start Date: September 2023
Mission Statement: To improve the quality of life for the Haitian people, particularly women and children.
Brief Organizational Summary: With experience running poverty alleviation programs in Haiti since 1989, Hope for Haiti has emerged as one of the most trusted non-profit organizations working to improve the quality of life for the Haitian people, particularly women and children. Through an integrated program model focused on long-term solutions and a community-driven approach, Hope for Haiti is dedicated to addressing the root causes of poverty and works to empower individuals and communities in southern Haiti. Hope for Haiti is a 4-star rated charity by Charity Navigator and is a participant at the Platinum Level through the GuideStar Exchange, two leading independent evaluators recognizing the organization’s transparency and careful stewardship of donor resources. Hope for Haiti was a winner of the 2021 Classy Awards in the Social Innovation category, and was named a 2022 Top 50 Finalist. Join us in our mission: www.hopeforhaiti.com.
Role Purpose:. The Nurse stagiaire plays a critical role in helping Hope for Haiti achieve its vision to provide healthcare to people. The Nurse stagiaire is part of a team responsible for ensuring that the Hope for Haiti Infirmary St. Etienne provides good quality of healthcare to our patients.
Major Responsibilities :
1- Provide care to patients at the Infirmary St. Etienne.
2- The nurse stagiaire assists the patient from all points of view such as monitoring health, updating medical records, meeting the primary needs of the patients, and transmitting safety, competence and confidence in the health choices made.
3- Participate in community health, chronic care or other healthcare programs as needed;
4- Assist in providing healthcare services at the ISE in different program and departments:
a. Wound care station
b. Vital stations
d. Women’s health
5- Perform other duties as directed by the supervisor.
6- Educating patients and family members on treatment and care plans, as well as answering their questions
7- Creating, implementing, and evaluating patient care plans with the medical team
8- Provide instant medical care in emergencies
9- Understand and agree that employment with Hope for Haiti/Fondasyon Kuehner implies the possibility that work may be extended beyond the 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM workday, including on weekends, in order to meet the demands of our mission.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing and Nursing License required
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Passion and enthusiasm for non-profit work
- Ability to use computer (Microsoft Word, Microsoft excel), and EMR system
- Superior organizational skills and a strong ability to prioritize
- Written and spoken fluency in French and Haitian Creole, with preferred knowledge of English
- Creative problem-solving skills and self-starting abilities.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS THAT ALIGN WITH CORE VALUES
- Ability to respond appropriately and sensitively to cultural differences as they arise among the organization’s service population
- Flexible, adaptable, patient and accepting of the fact that Hope for Haiti and its activities are constantly evolving in line with its resources and goals.
- Ability to adapt to and make level-headed decisions in stressful situations
- High energy and strong physical condition, including but not limited to the ability to hike distances over 5 kilometers and lift at least 30 lbs over the shoulders
- Ability to conduct and participate in staff meetings and strategic planning professionally and to represent Hope for Haiti’s mission to team members and colleagues
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize assigned tasks.
- Personal commitment to the mission and vision of Hope for Haiti and a desire to help the most vulnerable population
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality with sensitive information
- Ability to effectively work with a team
- Ability to resolve interpersonal conflict while preserving a team-oriented outlook
- A shared belief that there is always a pathway to improvement despite the challenges that lie ahead.
- Positive outlook and ability to work through difficult situations knowing that it’s possible to achieve desired outcomes.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Monthly stipend will be provided.
Hope for Haiti is currently accepting applications. Interested candidates should apply through the link at our website www.hopeforhaiti.com/careers by July 31, 2023.
Thank you for your interest in Hope for Haiti!
To learn more about us please visit www.hopeforhaiti.com