Title: Occupational Health Nurse (OHN)
Department: Occupational Health
Hours of Work: Full-Time Position (Days)
Salary: Class 06 – $90,152.60 – $108,123.27 per annum + benefits/pension
Location: Kingston Health Sciences Centre
The OHN provides clinical expertise, consultation, and support internally to all levels of the organization, and engages with external stakeholders in the community (e.g. physicians) and the WSIB related to illness/injury management in the workplace, infection prevention & control related issues, and/or fitness to work/workplace accommodation. .
Independent and routine management of staff health, illness, and workplace injuries including fitness to work and pre-placement assessments, disability management and accommodation, administration of immunization and occupational surveillance programs, and the delivery of healthy workplace initiatives are key responsibilities of the OHN. Decision making will require the OHN to navigate, interpret, and apply legislation (e.g. Human Rights, WSIA), Communicable Disease Surveillance Protocols, provisions of various collective agreements, benefit plans, and a number of standards related to OH practice.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Independent and routine management of staff health both physical and mental including fitness to work.
- Conducts assessment, provides information, support, and referrals for work and non-work-related injuries/illness, including exposures.
- Provide health teaching and administration of immunizations to internal and external staff
- Provide support and direction for disability management and accommodation based on individual employee needs.
- Administrative: polices, procedures, charting, ordering supplies/medications/immunizations etc.
NOTE – The above duties are representative but are not to be construed as all-inclusive.
- Requires completion of Community College Diploma (3 year program) or equivalent (Nursing Diploma)
- University degree or equivalent (Nursing Degree preferred)
- 5 years working as an RN
- 3 years working as an Occupational Health Nurse in a unionized health care environment (preferred)
- Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Post-graduate certificate, diploma or degree, in Occupational Health Nursing
- Certified Occupational Health Nurse designation (COHN-C), or equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Disability Management certificate or NIDMAR certification (CDMP or CRTWC), or equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered (preferred)
- Proven ability to attend work regularly.
- Satisfactory criminal reference check and vulnerable sector search required.
The applicant must be able to meet the physical demands of this position.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Kingston Health Sciences Centre is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices.
If you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process, please notify the Recruitment Team.