We are One Sutherland – a global team where everyone is working together to create great breakthrough solutions. Our workforce has thrived in an environment of diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate our diversity and embrace it whole-heartedly. Sutherland is an equal opportunity employer. We promote a positive work environment by conducting ourselves professionally and helping each other achieve our goal of One Sutherland Team, Playing to Win.
Sutherland was founded 35 years ago (1986). Since then, we have become a leading global provider of business process and technology management services offering an integrated portfolio of analytics-driven back office and customer-facing solutions that support the entire customer life cycle.
Are you an excellent verbal and written communicator, and a great listener? Do you thrive on a team that’s focused on finding the best solutions for customers? Can you remain kind and supportive when customers share their concerns about their loan? Do you have prior collections, sales or customer service experience?
We are seeking a motivated and passionate Payment Solutions Collections Associate to join us! If you are looking to build a fulfilling career, and the description above resonates with you, we want to work with you!
Essential Duties in this role:
- Collecting consumer and third-party contact information.
- Receiving and forwarding special statuses including SCRA, bankruptcy, and deceased
- Communicating delinquency timelines including late fees, credit reporting and charge off
- Enrolling delinquent members into special payment plans to bring their account current
- Scheduling and processing check, ACH, wire and debit payments
- Adherence to all scripts, regulatory guidelines, and procedures
- Associates handle inbound or outbound calls with existing customers. Associates should educate customers on account status, attempting to solve customer problems and/or attempting to secure a payment or make payment arrangements. The goal is to help our customers build and retain a strong credit standing and maintain a customer for life.
- Provide excellent customer service to customers who need assistance in meeting their contract obligations due to unexpected financial obligations.
- Contact or attempt contact with customers who are delinquent.
- Overcome objections that customers have about making payments toward their account and help them to understand their account(s) and responsibilities.
- Maintain positive working relationships with the Loan Servicing team.
- Meet or exceed production goals
- Performs other related duties as assigned
What Kind of Associates Are We Looking for?
- Agile in a fast-past environment.
- You embody excellent customer service.
- Experience working in a very fast paced environment with strong multi-tasking required.
- High attention to detail required.
- A professional, helpful, and friendly attitude coupled with the ability to listen, teach and elicit information effectively.
- Ability to understand customer needs and effectively tailor solutions.
- Experience working in a metrics driven organization and ability to perform against monthly targets.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- Excellent writing, email, phone and organization skills
- Strong verbal communication and computer skills
- Flexibility to adapt well to change
- Team oriented and people-oriented.
- Critical thinker and quick learner.
- Has good active listening skills.
- Professional and persuasive communication and negotiation skills
- Passionate and goal-oriented
- Positive emotional resilience and emotional intelligence.
- Must be self-motivated with strong decision-making and problem solving abilities
- Flexible and committed to overall goals.
Our most successful candidates will have: –
- • A minimum of 3-4 CXC/GCE subjects inclusive of English Language, or a U.S. high school diploma or GED.
- Must have a valid (not expired) government issued ID, TRN and NIS card.
- Must have flexible availability to work any day and any assigned shift weekly.(Weekends and Public Holidays).
- Must be able to train and / or work onsite.
- Demonstrated ability to perform at a high level, to support our high volume of inbound and outbound calls.
- 2+ years of collections or customer service experience is preferred, but willing to train the right candidate.
- Experience in customer service is an asset and preferred.
- Good systematic problem solving ability , using sound business judgment, and following through on commitments to customers.
- The ability to quickly and accurately identify and assess individual customer needs and take appropriate action steps to satisfy those needs.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- See through the eyes of the customer.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to translate Customer communication rapidly and effectively on live voice or chat interactions. proficient reading skills required.
- The ability to project patience, empathy, caring, and sincerity in written words or voice tone, depending on channel.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Multi-tasking skills, showcased through the use of several applications; experience working with CRM applications preferred.
- Basic PC keyboarding skills; basic Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) experience required.
- Must be very tech savvy with strong abilities in handling troubleshooting techniques and resolving technical issues.
- Inspire confidence and positively influence the behaviour, actions, and thoughts of others.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug test as needed.
Our employees enjoy:
- Competitive compensation packages inclusive of base pay, incentives, over-time and shift differentials for certain shifts.
- Annual merit increase based on performance.
- Paid Training for all locations.
- Discounts for several corporate and retail partners for services and products once Sutherland ID is presented.
- Excellent training and supervisory support – to help you feel comfortable servicing our customers.
- Competitive Salary with attractive and attainable PBI structure.
- Paid vacation and sick leave annually.
- Exceptional Health and Life Insurance Plan
- Lunch benefits and subsidy.
- Onsite lunch concessionaire at reduced rates.
- Transportation/ Shuttle Services
- Free On-site medical suite with nurse and medical doctor.
- Daily Refuel Plan – Robust and dynamic schedule of activities to keep employees energized.
- Paid referral program
- Career development & growth opportunities for advancement.
- Excellent Reward and recognition programs.
As your prospective employer, we need to process your Personal Data as needed to evaluate your qualification for the position you are applying for with Sutherland. During the recruitment process, your Personal Data may be transferred outside of Jamaica and disclosed to third parties in the normal course of the recruitment and/or employment process or as needed to comply with applicable laws. This may include transferring information to our affiliated Companies for purposes connected to your employment with the company or to the management of Sutherland’s business.