St. George’s University invites applicants
for the position of
Receiving Clerk within the Purchasing Department
Special note to applicants:
- Review of applicants will be ongoing until a suitable candidate is identified.
- This is a Full-Time position
- The selected candidate must posses a valid driver’s licence
In collaboration with the procurement staff and customs custom broker, the Receiving Clerk is responsible for the receiving, inspecting, recording and distribution of all goods purchased by the University.
- Effective communications with the Procurement Staff, Accounts Department, End Users and Custom Broker are necessary.
- Receive, reconcile, and arrange delivery of all incoming goods.
- Ensure that all goods received are accurately entered into the University system and that discrepancies and damages are immediately reported to the relevant authorities.
- Submit invoices and other relevant documents to accounts payable for processing.
- Prepare and organize outgoing shipments.
- Drive the company vehicle as required.
- Handle department Specific Filing duties.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the Purchasing Manager.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proven experience as a receiving clerk or similar position.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate a forklift, van and/or truck.
- Working knowledge of computer programs for entering data.
- Ability to maintain accurate and organized records.
- Willingness to be flexible and take initiative without direct supervision.
- Must be an excellent Team player.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and filing cabinets.
- This role consists of physical activity, in which standing and lifting is often required.
- The ability to maintain good concentration when dealing with multiple priorities.
Hours and Travel
- This is a full-time position.
- A typical work week is 40 hours Monday through Friday, with a set start, lunch break, and end day.
- No travel is expected for this position.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma with CXC Math and English
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite of Products.
- Preferred to have knowledge of the Banner Computer System and Concur.
- A valid driver’s licence.
• Student Centric: We approach every task with a focus on supporting our students to achieve their lifelong learning goals in a safe, vibrant and welcoming environment.
• A Global Community: We are one team with an international outlook welcoming the strength in our diversity and the value each of us brings to what we do.
• Accountable: We take responsibility for our actions by being responsive, resourceful and respectful in delivering on our commitments with integrity and the highest ethical standards.
• Collaborative: We support and empower one another through open communications, cooperation, sharing knowledge and taking time to always listen and show we care.
• Committed to Excellence: We take pride in our ongoing pursuit for continuous improvement through creativity, rigor and best practices to produce meaningful outcomes.
St. George’s University isan equal opportunity employer. As such, it is company policy to fill positionswith qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex (including sexualorientation and gender presentation), age, religion, ancestry, national origin,citizenship status, pregnancy, marital status, medical condition, geneticinformation, disability, veteran status or status as a victim of domesticviolence, except where there is a bona fide occupational qualification. Thispolicy protects applicants and employees from discrimination in the hiringprocess.