SBM Offshore is a world leader in floating production solutions. Our main activities are the design, supply, installation, operation and the life extension of Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels. We employ over 4,800 people spread over eight locations, nine operational shore bases and the offshore fleet of vessels worldwide.
Through our local affiliate, Guyana Deep Water Operations Inc. (GDO), we are the Operator of the LIZA Destiny & LIZA Unity Floating Production Storage and Offloading Vessels (FPSOs).
We are looking for a Reliability & Optimization Engineer to work onshore at our Georgetown shore base
The Reliability & Optimization Engineeris responsible for the provision of detailed reliability and life cycle cost analysis for units and projects as directed by the Reliability Manager.
- Build and Maintain a Reliability Databank based on Fleet and Industry Reliability data,
- Calculate reliability figures
- Carry out RAM studies, Reliability centered Maintenance (RCM) studies, Failure mode effects and criticality (FMECA) studies together with the Maintenance department as required throughout the unit life cycle
- Use above studies to advise Maintenance and Supply Chain on stock level control of spares
- Use above studies to advise Asset Integrity discipline leads on changes to the Maintenance Strategy
- Provide detailed reliability and life cycle cost analysis for units and projects
- Ensure RAM models are kept up to date during unit life cycle to achieve optimum balance between cost and availability/reliability.
- Support the development of the Reliability Databank based on Fleet and Industry reliability data
- Control quality of the data provided by the assigned FPSO(s) to ensure failure history are consolidated in the reliability databank.
- Support Asset Integrity to collect and analyse data to support efficient asset management.
- Perform RCA of incidents / downtime events on assigned FPSO(s), produce corrective actions to prevent reoccurrences and follow up on implementation
- Provide input into / generate Management of Change to improve safety, uptime and reliability of assigned FPSO(s)
NB: Travel offshore to perform duties is required.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- University degree(Bachelor) in an Engineering discipline.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a technical role with similar responsibilities
- Experience using RAM simulation software (DNVGL MAROS is preferred)
- Previous experience required of conducting RAM, RCM, FMECA studies.
- Subcontractor Management experience preferred
- Proven competency and experience in Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective communication skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Monday to Friday, office hours
- Office located in Georgetown
- Busy, fast-paced environment
- Permanent, full-time position
- Competitive salary
- Medical and Life Insurance benefits
If you are interested and meet the requirements to perform this role, please apply via:
- Our website – www.sbmoffshore.com
At this time, we are seeking candidates who are Guyanese and living in Guyana.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest. Please be guided that only selected candidates will be contacted. For more information on SBM Offshore, please visit www.sbmoffshore.com.