KPMG Jamaica has a delivery center named “KPMG Jamaica Extended Support Services (KJESS)” operating from the Kingston office, which is contracted to provide back-office support to its member firm KPMG United States (“the Client”). The Risk Assessment Capability Hub serve as the centralized risk management hub for the implementation of a firmwide, integrated approach to risk assessments across the firm.
The KJESS Senior Officer will work closely with the US risk professionals to assist with various Capability Hub activities including, risk assessment process coordination, reporting, and data management activities. The Risk Assessment, Senior Officer leverages experience in risk assessment/risk management, internal audit, excellent time management, communication, project coordination, and analytical skills to support the Risk Assessment Capability Hub.
Support the risk assessment process by:
• Working directly directly and indirectly with the risk assessment leaders and stakeholders as directed to complete assigned tasks and support the delivery of effective risk assessments
• Assisting in review of key documentation and result aggregation as well as research activities to compare against industry leading examples and regulatory expectations (if applicable)
ServiceNow Integrated Risk Management tool and data support through:
• Reviewing and maintaining completeness and accuracy of data captured within ServiceNow IRM tool following assessments, ensuring data integrity
• Developing and customizing reporting for the analysis of risk assessment data to identify data irregularities and assist to mitigate/correct
• Capturing feedback on the ServiceNow IRM GRC tool capabilities to facilitate enhancements to the tool
• Identifying opportunities for innovation within executed tasks, processes and projects that contribute to the improved efficiency and effectiveness of the risk assessment team
• Supporting risk mapping to the Firmwide risk register, ensuring the identified risks are entered into the ServiceNow IRM tool correctly, linked to the right risk category, and not duplicated
Capability Hub coordination support including:
• Creating and continually updating project schedules and work plans to ensure appropriate scheduling and accurate and timely delivery of risk assessments
• Maintaining access to systems, folders, channels, and other tools as necessary
• Managing the risk assessment team’s meeting schedule coordination calendar
• Coordinating risk assessment meetings, interviews, and workshops by preparing agendas, presentation slides, and minutes
• Managing the risk assessment team’s shared mailbox, portal / SharePoint site, and Teams channels including any development and customization needed from initial site creation through ongoing maintenance
• Assisting with content creation for leadership presentations, team meetings, stakeholder training, and onsite workshops
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and COMPETENCIES:
• Minimum three years of related work experience in internal audit, project management, risk management and/or regulatory and compliance services
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university
• Proficient in risk assessments, controls testing, evaluation of control evidence, identification of control deficiencies and facilitating the collaboration of remediation processes
• Ability to execute a significant role within a project, process, or program
• Detail oriented and thorough with effective time management skills, the ability to interpret complex information and identify issues
• Strong verbal and written communication, problem solving, analytical and independent judgement skills to support an environment driven by client service and teamwork
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite applications including MS Teams and MS Project
• Experience with Power BI and ServiceNow preferred
• Familiarity with the Lines of Defense/Responsibility model for managing risk
• Communication – Delivering clear, effective communication and taking responsibility for understanding others
• Customer Service – Demonstrating a commitment to public service, serving internal and external customers while holding oneself accountable for quality outcomes.
• Collaboration & Teamwork – Working cooperatively with others, inside and outside the organization, to accomplish objectives. Building and maintaining mutually beneficial partnerships while leveraging information and achieving results.
• Stakeholder Management – maintaining good relationships with the people who impact your work most.
• Risk Management- Plans and implements measures to avoid, overcome or compensate for risk elements.
• Data Gathering and Analysis – Seeks or collects and synthesizes information from a variety of stakeholders and sources in an objective, unbiased manner to reach a conclusion, goal, or judgment and to enable strategic and leadership decision-making.
• Problem-Solving – Identifies problems and uses logic, judgment, and data to evaluate alternatives and recommend solutions to achieve the desired organizational goal or outcome.
• Project Management – Understands the risks involved in starting a project. Understands the importance of quality assurance and control.
• Expected to work in a fast-paced team environment.
• Will be working primarily in a paperless environment and expected to be using information systems for the entire workday to access data or perform activities.
• May be required to work extended hours periodically or on public holidays.
Learn more about us here: K-JESS Homepage
© 2023 KPMG, a Jamaican partnership and a member firm of the KPMG global organization of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Limited, a private English company limited by guarantee. All rights reserved.