What’s The Role
Sell the organization’s products and services through direct sales to small & medium businesses, large corporations, and government entities. Face-to-face and remote sales to new customers and cross/up/repeat sales to existing customers by delivering sales bids/proposals/presentations and conducting product demonstrations (Direct B2B Sales. PreSales engineers)
The Sales Engineer supports the CWB sales productivity and deal flow by securing the technical closure of more complex enterprise class solutions. The Sales Engineer collaborates with sales, services, engineering, and technical support resources to ensure that proposed deals include solutions that accurately address customer needs, and are appropriately supported by key customer technical decision makers.
The Sales Engineer is responsible for achieving a profit and productivity quota made up of the combined expectations of the sales resources, market and the CWB channel.
Reporting to the Sales Engineering Manager, the Sales Engineer supports the CWB sales team.
What You’ll Do
- Works deals assigned to the CWB sales team, prioritizing effort based on maximizing total impact on team productivity and profit, or as directed by the Sales Engineering Manager.
- Proactively scopes the technical solution required to address customer requirements, assess customers’ met and unmet needs, and recommends solutions that optimize value for both customer and firm.
- Secures input from all necessary solution stakeholders within the customer firm. Adapts solutions, as necessary, to ensure appropriate support.
- Coordinates closely with internal sales, sales support, product development, and service resources to align solution design with customers’ business requirements.
- Secures from customer technical staff, commitments needed to ensure a deal’s technical closure
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales growth through the achievement of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in assigned product lines, market areas, channels or other CWB teams being supported.
- Provides training to the CWB sales team members in order to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen and technical sales skills.
- Opportunistically pursues additional business development opportunities within customer firms.
- Collaborates with sales to ensure these opportunities are effectively covered and advanced.
- Monitors customer support for technical solutions proposed throughout the sales process, and alerts the sales and account teams to potential risks to deal closure.
- Creates proposals and delivers power point presentations tailored to customer’s specific needs.
Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Computing or closely related field from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years sales or sales engineering experience in a business to business or large/strategic customer segment
- At least one professional certification
- A record of achievement and technical solution expertise
- Understanding of competitive product and solution landscape and can articulate trade-offs between various competitive products
- Product certification, engineering credential, or equivalent technical credential
- PC and standard PC application proficiency
Who We Are
We are the leading telecommunications company, connecting more than 40 markets in Latin America and the Caribbean with our video, broadband internet, telephony, and mobile services under the consumer brands VTR, Flow, Liberty, Más Móvil, BTC, and Cabletica. We started small, and now we’re growing. We’re excited about the future as we strive to unlock opportunities in the region
Why Join Us
Technology excites us enables us and drives us. We’re proud of the services we provide, the markets that we serve, and our people coming together to enhance our customers’ lives with technology so that they can connect, work, live and play without missing beat. Throughout Liberty Latin America, our passion and pride are brought to life through our shared vision to bring innovation that will create moments that matter to our customers, delivering growth in our markets with one vision, one culture, and one team.
Liberty Latin America provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, and/or local laws.