At Alstom, we understand transport networks and what moves people. From high-speed trains, metros, monorails, and trams, to turnkey systems, services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility, we offer our diverse customers the broadest portfolio in the industry. Every day, more than 80 000 colleagues lead the way to greener and smarter mobility worldwide, connecting cities as we reduce carbon and replace cars.
JOB TITLE & JOB CODE
EN-SY-05: Interface Manager
LOCATION: SANTIAGO DE LOS CABALLEROS, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- To define and manage all the interfaces between Electro Mechanical (E&M) Subsystems (Rolling Stock, Signaling, Supervision, Telecommunications, Passenger Information, CCTV, Power Supply, Ticketing,) , either within Alstom contract or with other contractors or partners.
Organization structure (job belongs to..)
Region or Platform
Reports directly to:
System Engineering Manager
Other reporting to:
E&M interface engineers
Network & Links
- Project team, Construction manager
- Subsystem’s engineering managers and installation managers
- Customer, Consortium Partners, Subcontractors, Consultants
- Define the System Interface management process: interface identification, interface register
- Define the System Interface Control Documents (SICD) by pairs of Subsystems and lead their production in coordination with the subsystems
- Ensure the consistency of the interfaces in accordance with the contract and the system needs
- Manage the detailed interfaces definition and make them agreed by all the stockholders and if required approved by the client
MAIN REQUIRED COMPETENCES
- Master University Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Field experience and a good knowledge of railway systems, available E&M equipment and Subsystems
- At least 5 years of experience in Engineering / Technical functions in railway projects
Competencies & Skills
- A good level of English and contract Language
- A good working relationship and ability to negotiate with the subsystems
You don’t need to be a train enthusiast to thrive with us. We guarantee that when you step onto one of our trains with your friends or family, you’ll be proud. If you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you!
Important to note
As a global business, we’re an equal-opportunity employer that celebrates diversity across the 63 countries we operate in. We’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace for everyone.