Why Join Us?
The Jamaica National Group is committed to the financial success and growth of every member, so that together we can boldly move, live, work, play, and raise families with confidence. We are a bold and courageous financial institution dedicated to financial independence for all and using business as a force for good. We will always help you find a way, go where no one has gone before to facilitate extraordinary life experiences, create wealth and sustain long-term value….that’s our vision!
What’s the opportunity?
The JN Group Limited is seeking to recruit suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the position of Securities Clerk in the Securities Unit of the Legal Department. The successful candidate will assist with records management of all security documents for loans granted by JN Bank; and coordinate the administrative activities of the unit.
Contract Term: Permanent
Job Category: Clerical
• Prepare and dispatch correspondence regarding Titles and other documents in respect of repaid loans within the Department’s Service Level Agreement
• Respond to correspondence upon receipt by Department within the Department’s Service Level Agreement
• Update, maintain and monitor an efficient Titles Tracking system with information regarding new loans in line with the Unit’s SLA
• Monitor and maintain an efficient Tracking Log of all Titles and other collateral documents released to third parties within the Department’s Service Level Agreement and undertake the relevant follow-ups
• Receive, sort and accurately log to the Securities Repository details of incoming correspondence received by the Department
• Maintain an accurate and current Securities Repository with information regarding correspondence processed by incumbent to facilitate the preparation of monthly reports
• Attend to customers on their arrival at the Bank and to improve telephone access and services via telephone generally
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, or any other discipline from a recognized tertiary institution
• A minimum of one-year work experience within the financial services industry
Personal Attributes and skills:
• Displays professionalism, dependability, authenticity respect, and transparency combined with a cooperative attitude
- Strong Administrative skills – logical and having persistence, consistency and commitment and willingness to take on responsibility
- Highly organized and ability to multitask with keen attention to details
- Ability to communicate facts and conclusions effectively in a clear and concise manner (written and oral)
- Exhibits strong analytical and critical thinking skills and display strong emotional intelligence
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Display strong customer service orientation
- Strong computer skills
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: OCTOBER 29, 2023