The Senior Web Developer will be responsible for identifying user and system requirements for new websites and other web applications. Prioritizing software development projects, setting timelines and assigning tasks to team members. The senior website developer will also be responsible for designing, coding and modifying websites from layout to function and according to the client’s specifications. He/she will be responsible for creating visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly designs and clear navigation. The senior web developer is required to be an expert in designing E-Commerce/Enterprise websites and should be able to integrate functionalities.
EDUCATION, SPECIALISED TECHNIQUES AND SKILLS:
- A bachelor’s degree in information technology or equivalent
- Formal training in Web Development
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills including the ability to positively interface with vendors and contractors, IT, user management, and peers.
- Experience with Mockup, UI prototyping tools, wireframe & diagnostic tools
- Understanding of Security Practices
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Problem Solving skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills are essential
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Collaborate well both within and across teams.
- Ability to work independently yet function well within a team environment
LEARNED DISCIPLINES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher
- Proficient in building web and native apps
- Experience using Social Media APIs
- Must work closely with various departments
- Must work to schedule and meet deadlines
- Must be highly organized
SPECIAL CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE JOB:
- Must have a valid driver’s license & a reliable motor vehicle to meet with clients and vendors
- Normal office environment
- May be required to work on the weekend and or public holidays
- Working long hours to complete time-sensitive projects
- Managing the web development team
- Leading web applications projects and ensuring that they are executed according to established timelines according to the industry standards
- Managing the technical infrastructure relating to the development of web applications business continuity and ensuring customer satisfaction
- Designing, developing and modifying websites, custom websites and landing pages, according to a client’s specifications, business rules, and timelines and industry.
- Deploying Template Based Websites, Custom Websites and landing pages to hosting servers/Account.
- Purchasing and Managing Domain Names for Customers based on the client’s company name or Client Request.
- Monitoring and Maintaining client websites and landing pages after deployment to ensure that it working correctly.
- Attend requirements meetings with clients to get details requirements in order TO commence development for complex projects
- Identify user and system requirements for new websites and applications
- Provide technical consultation to internal and external customer
- Meet with Business Stakeholders, Sales/Marketing Consultants and customers to discuss/interpret and document detail and intricate website requirement as well as the authority and scope to apply your expertise when necessary.
- Display a strong understanding of User Interface, Cross-Browser computability, general web functions and standards.
- Communicate effectively with both external and internal customers.
- Manage small and large projects.
- Plan and deliver software platforms to be used across multiple products and organizational units.
- Demonstrate a deep functional knowledge or hands-on design experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc.)
- Display a strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to E-Commerce applications.
- Write and review code for various websites and applications.
- Run functionality testing and debug code
- Oversee the development team and evaluate their performance.
- Liaise with designers if necessary to decide on UI/UX elements (like graphics and navigation buttons) if necessary.
- Ensure documentation where necessary is up to date.
- Take ownership of product quality through good testing and coding practices.
- Any other task related to this area of business as deemed necessary by the Digital Fulfillment Manager.
Note: This job description may be updated periodically.
Application Deadline: July 31, 2023
YELLO MEDIA GROUP LTD RECRUITMENT POLICY NOTICE:
Under the Cayman Islands Data Protection Law, Yello Media Group (Cayman) Ltd need explicit consent from individuals to process, collect and store your data for the purpose of evaluating your suitability for potential employment with the company. Yello Media Group (Cayman) Ltd is committed to being compliant with all applicable Data Protection Laws to keep your information private and secure. As part of the job application process with Yello Media Group (Cayman) Ltd it is necessary that you read our Recruitment Policy: Yello Media Group Ltd Recruitment Policy Notice and confirm your consent to share your personal data to enable Yello Media Group (Cayman Ltd) to evaluate you for the purposes of potential employment.
Please select the box on the application form confirming that you have read and understood our Recruitment Policy and freely give your consent to share your personal data with us prior to pressing the Submit Application.