This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives-where your purpose accelerates our mission.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. On new automated machine, must be capable of designing electrical or pneumatic & mechanical system.
2. Must install and integrated new machines or plant facility equipment. Must insure their proper operation in compliance with quality and manufacturing procedures.
3. Must repair and provide maintenance to equipment, machinery by the utilization of sophisticated testing equipment, and specialized manuals.
4. Must support production lines to maintain machines, plant facility or manufacturing equipment working in excellent conditions.
5. Disassemble equipment or machinery, disconnect controls and remove defective parts so they may be repaired or substituted and perform preventive maintenance according to established standards.
6. Must be able to upgrade equipment in any of the mentioned disciplines.
7. Must complete validation execution on new or existing machines.
8. Prepare documentation of all changes performed on the equipment, including mechanical or electrical blue prints.
9. Manually document (ex: checker chart) and /or electronically (ex: POMs) the required information to comply applicable procedures and specifications. This information includes but is not limited to process parameters, lots, amount of production, and others.
10. Must provide training to machine or boiler operators and technicians.
11. Weld metal parts.
12. Must be able to work in machine shop to fabricate parts.
13. Must be able to operate production machines or facility equipment.
14. Special projects as requested by supervisor.
15. Development of mechanical design to fulfill the goal on the new machines or equipment.
16. Observe all company and regulatory EHS requirements.
17. Learn and practice basic ergonomic principles to reduce job-related discomfort and injuries.
18. Be knowledgeable of all the associated risks and environmental aspects of his/her area and support the identification of new risks.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Associate degree in Mechanics, Electronics, Tool & Die.
- Must have a minimum of five years of experience and an excellent performance in the field is required.
- Must be available to work irregular hours.
- Perform jobs in other plants or departments when needed.
- Must be able to travel.
- Exposure to noise and high temperatures work area conditions.
- Must comply with plant safety procedures, good manufacturing practices. Work under pressure of deadlines of projects.
- Work with minimum supervision and self-start.
- High technical knowledge and a good performance in the following areas: Branson Ultrasonic Welding, RF Sealing, Uson Leak Tester, FFS Machines or plant facilities and Troubleshooting techniques.
- Principles and practices of electronic equipment installation and testing.
- Read and understand electronic, electrical, pneumatic schematic diagrams.
- Operate a variety of hand and power equipment in a safe and effective manner.
- Punctuality and dependability.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Spanish Able to read, write, speak and understand English at a good comprehensive level.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.