About American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine
American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine (AUC), an Adtalem Global Education institution, is committed to training tomorrow’s physicians through international learning experiences, a diverse learning community, and an emphasis on social accountability and engagement. AUC is one of the most established medical schools in the Caribbean and focuses on community collaboration to benefit the health and well-being of the local communities, while enhancing the student learning experience. With campuses located in Sint Maarten and the United Kingdom, AUC has graduated more than 7,500 students and is accredited by the Accreditation Commission on Colleges of Medicine.
Visit aucmed.edu for more information, and follow on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Opportunity at a Glance
Under the direction of the Senior Manager for Operations, or other designated academic leader, the Exam/Testing Center Supervisor will work closely with the Exam/Testing Center Supervisor to assist in the planning of assessments at the university. Working with the Dean of Acadmic Affairs, faculty members, Informational Technology personnel and staff of the Exam/Testing Center, the Supervisor will maintain the necessary materials and electronic resources, trained personnel and operational processes used for the examination of Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs). Working with the Senior Director, the Supervisor will help design, implement, and disseminate an analytical assessment and examination agenda capable of informing the core curriculum process along with students and faculty, and the administrative offices responsible for recruitment, admissions, financial aid, student services, and retention and promotion policies and practices at the University. This includes analyzing institutional assessment and examination data located in multiple student information databases as well as data collected through both standard and ad hoc student surveys. As appropriate, the Supervisor manages and responds to ad hoc requests for assessment data retrieval and analysis from a variety of sources including faculty, academic and student affairs offices. This position will be responsible for the entire on-boarding/off-boarding of the on-cal proctor workforce (15-25 people) in addition to exam/testing center support.
- Essential Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the daily operation of the Examination/Testing Center. The Supervisor will maintain the necessary materials and electronic resources, trained personnel and operational processes used for the examination of Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) and required for the high-volume and high-tech testing conducted by the Center.
- Responsible for the training and teaching of examination technology skills used in our high-volume and high-tech assessment Center to the faculty and supporting staff when necessary.
- Collaborate with IT department, Student Affairs, Dean of Academic Affairs to ensure all assessments, whether they are delivered in the Testing Center or in a BYOD environment, are delivered in a standard manner and adhere to security regulations as defined in the Testing Center Regulations documemnt and the Student Handbook.
- In conjunction with the NBME Executive Chief Proctor, or other Exam/Testing Center authority, and the St. Maarten Associate Executive Chief Proctor to ensure that the delivery of any NBME exams are prepared for and conducted in strict compliance with the procedures and regulations outlined in the NBME Web-based Examinations Chief Proctor’s Manual.
- Schedule: Working with the Dean of Academic Affairs, Associate Dean of Curriculum and all relevant parties to create the Exam/Testing Center assessment schedule on a semester basis, including relevant communications to the campus community. Maintain an updated Exam/Testing Center schedule that is available to the AUC campus community, including providing updates with any changes.
- Assist Senior Manager in by completing, monitoring and delivering the manager’s weekly reports. This may also include the day-to-day workings of the Exam/Testing Center with recommendations on improvements to Sr. Manager, Dean of Academic Affairs, Associate Dean of Curriculum, IT and other stakeholders.
- Perform delegated responsibilities in support of curriculum development, learner assessment, as assigned by the Senior Director Manager, or other academic representative.
- Assists the Senior Manager in the Center’s lead in assessment research efforts, and working collaboratively with deans, department chairs, faculty, the Office of Student Affairs and the Academic Learning Environment to achieve the University’s goals for robust assessment leading to increased student retention and graduation rate
- Inform and assist the Senior Manager in the creation and implementation of processes for continuous quality improvement of assessments based on evaluation data across the university, including any process and procedures required to support the functional workings of the department.
- Supervise the consultation and working with the ADA representative to ensure that students’ special accommodations are in compliance
- May be tasked with any and all of the duties, as needed, of the testing center/exam center support team to ensure the mooth testing operations.
- Monitor and Maintain communications with all necessary internal and external stakeholders, including on-call workforce, via email and Teams on testing center schedules, calendar and any other activity in support of the day-to-day activities.
- Crisis management and reporting. Ensure proper protocol is followed if a questions on the exam validity, student violations or assumed violations by providing in-time, up to date data to necessary stakeholders, including an outline of events, and steps taken.
- SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY:
- The position has full supervisory responsibilities – leadership of the Examination/Testing Center staff in all work activities, including contributing to the motivation/development of the team, work allocation, mentoring and direction and leadership for assessment activities across the university. This includes the entire on-boarding and off-boarding of the on-call temporary workforce.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all policies and standards
- Bachelor’s Degree in a following discipline: Higher Education, Business Administration, Public Administration, Project Management, Educational Research, Social Science, Statistics. A Bachelor’s degree may be waived if proven relevant experience in a Testing Center environment for a minimum of 5 years Required or other relevant field Required
- 2+ years years work experience in higher education, including experience in assessment, measurement, and educational evaluation in a healthcare setting. Required and 1+ year Supervisor/manager experience Required
- Experience in the leadership and the envisioning of applications of appropriate technologies, such as software packages for data analysis and best-practice assessment models, which produce creative, generative and robust evaluation results that support a learner-centered environment Required
- Experience in information technology including use of database systems, various software packages, networks.
- Experience with ExamSoft or Testing Center environment, or other commercial medical QBank providers such as Kaplan, World, Scholars, etc. Preferred
- Experience working with NBME exam administration. Preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience in assessment building, application, and reporting
- Demonstrated experience with online tracking and reporting systems relevant to assessment
- Knowledge of adult learning methodologies
- Knowledge of negotiation and mediation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to comply with Confidential protocals for the University and Exam/Testing Center
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.