Signature Aviation is a market leading global aviation services provider with over 220 locations and 6,000 employees worldwide. Eligible team members enjoy a wide array of benefits including health and welfare options, generous 401k match, paid time off, tuition assistance, and limitless opportunities for training and development.
A Line Service Technician (LST) is a customer service role responsible for a variety of duties that contribute towards safely providing requested services for general aviation aircraft, crews and passengers. An LST routinely operates ground service equipment and uses knowledge of the company’s policies and procedures to provide efficient and excellent service to customers and other guests to the fixed base operation (FBO).
Persons employed as an LST are expected to:
- Work as part of a team delivering safe and efficient aircraft services while providing a welcoming atmosphere to customers and other guests
- Collaborate, cooperate and work closely with all coworkers, customers, clients, vendors, and aircraft crewmembers to ensure customer service needs are met. This includes ensuring efficient and accurate communication through various methods to accomplish operational tasks
- Service aircraft as requested by management or customers, such as fueling, de-icing, lavatory, ground power and potable water services, parking, marshalling, delivering catering and towing
- Operate and drive ground service equipment such as fuel trucks, de-icing trucks, ground power units, tugs, and stair trucks, shuttles, etc.
- Offer, promote, sell and deliver general aviation services to crewmembers, customers and other guests
- Maintain safe, clean and secure ramps and operations
- Drive a shuttle vehicle with passengers and/or luggage and cargo
- Load and unload luggage and other cargo into/out of aircraft and from/into the FBO or other location
- Fuel handling including fuel quality control, fuel receipt, inventory and maintaining accurate related documentation
- Provide professional and friendly customer service while exhibiting a positive and helpful attitude, consideration and courtesy to everyone at all times
- Understand, comply with and enforce all operational, safety, and customer service requirements for all aspects of the job
- Understand, comply with and enforce all security (physical, cyber and data) protocols as dictated by Signature and the airport
- Create accurate records pertaining to time worked and activities and services performed
- Abide by emergency response procedures when/if critical events occur
- Recommend improvements to Signature’s standards, administrative procedures, facilities, methods, and practices to the appropriate Signature management personnel
- Other duties as requested