We are looking for a Chartered Accountant based in Bahamas. The candidate will provide integrated finance and accounting services to a global financial services company. The engagement requires daily work with a global team and clients. Flexible days and hours. Work will be anywhere from 10 to 40 hours per week. Availability preferred from approx. 5AM to 1PM Eastern Standard Time.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE ROLE
The role reports to management and is responsible for supervising a broad set of finance and accounting activities within the company. You should have global taxation experience including VAT and transfer pricing.
The role will involve working with management to support sales, as well as annually outside audit firm.
· Perform credit control calls and emails with customers to ensure payments are on time. Update weekly A/R report.
· Candidates will handle all responsibilities from reconciliation of bank statements to preparing financials, entering / classifying expenses/revenues, finding any areas of savings/losses and prepare proforma tax returns prior to Audit firm with CFO.
· Execute weekly and month end process – ensure all journals/reconciliations are processed in a timely manner payments posted reports presented with analysis vs budget on time.
· Respond to queries from clients and internal in a timely manner
· Fully knowledgeable of accounting principles/standards and controls
· Perform monthly review of balance sheet reconciliations and JEs across all teams
· Analyze and report operations versus budget.
· Process light A/P weekly
· Liaise with auditors and any other internal and external parties
. Preparation of bi-monthly VAT and VIES returns
. Preparation of monthly payroll including P30/P35 returns to Revenue
· Excellent Command over ENGLISH both Verbal & written (A MUST)
· Must have wired reliable internet and professional dedicated work environment. Remote work. Must be highly proficient with technologies.
· Certified / Chartered / CIMA Qualified Accountant
· 5+ years general accounting/audit experience
· Experience in working to tight deadlines, in a client focused environment
· Experience in dealing in a multi-currency environment
· Knowledge of Quickbooks
· Excellent Excel skills a necessity
· Excellent teamwork skills. You must be curious.
· Action oriented: Pursues work with energy, drive, and a strong accomplishment orientation
· Strong communication skills: Writes, speaks, and presents information effectively
· Planning / coordinating: Ability to prioritize tasks to achieve
About TTN Operations Ireland Limited
TradeTheNews.com is a private financial intelligence community which marries live audio analyst squawks with real-time headlines and the ability to ask question directly to the analyst in real-time 24-hrs a day. We are known for our speed and ability to filter out all the noise so the trader can focus on what they do best...TRADING. Our team is made up of individuals with a variety of backgrounds including: hedge funds, prop or institutional trading experience, analysts, Equity, FOREX, Futures, Fixed Income and Credit.