Vice President – Captive & Insurance Management (Barbados)
Aon is in the business of better decisions.
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.
As an organization, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
About the role
The Vice President (“VP”) is responsible for leading captive service teams and overseeing a portfolio of captive insurance accounts. The VP will support the team with any client or technical issues that arise. The VP will be a key relationship lead on captive insurance accounts and will have strong relationships with clients, representatives and regulatory agencies. The VP will be a strategic leader on both their client portfolio and general office growth and development.
What the day will look like
- Lead and motivate a captive management team with responsibility for the day-to-day oversight of a portfolio of captive insurance/reinsurance companies.
- Primary responsibility for the strategic development of clients under management
- Act as relationship manager and liaison between client and captive service team
- Support team on complex financial transactions
- Drive business development both organically and through new relationships
- Attend industry conferences and present at conferences if/when requested.
- Oversight on distribution of work allocations and coordinating the workload of the team.
- Overseeing operational excellence within the team and recommending improvements where needed
- Develop policies and procedures.
- Responsible for upholding compliance and regulatory obligations ensuring applications and filings are submitted on time.
- Manage and build relationships with regulatory agencies and clients.
- Deliver a high level of client service.
- Oversight of project management
- The VP will participate in the performance management process for direct reports, providing constructive feedback, assisting with objectives/goal setting and supporting career development initiatives and acting as a mentor and coach to direct reports and team members.
Skills and experience that will lead to success
- Professional accounting qualification e.g., CPA, CA, ACCA, ACA or ACII – essential
- previous management and relationship lead experience working in captive insurance and reinsurance management – highly desirable.
- Excellence in strategic thinking and planning
- Ability to lead, motivate and support a team.
- Experience in delivering business results with excellence.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient knowledge of Excel, MS Word and accounting applications
- Proven experience of delivering effective and impactful presentations.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally
How we support our colleagues
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two “Global Wellbeing Days” each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself.
We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognise that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work… and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
We provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable law. Please contact us to request an accommodation on ReasonableAdjustments@Aon.com
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.